SaabCentral Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Oh that relay is only for the washers, the comma is confusing. Makes it seem like it's for washers AND headlamps. Not the headlamp washers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Okay I ordered new ballasts because I assume the UEC needs a tech2 to marry. Another issue I'm having is my doors don't lock/unlock when I push the door buttons or the keyfob. Passenger door will do it sometimes. I can hear the motor in that door moving, but it usually doesn't respond to button presses unless I manually push the lock tab down. I assume I need new door buttons and new motors. Do the door buttons need a tech2 as well?

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
UEC needs TECH2 to marry.
You need TECH2 to lock also.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Damn it. I guess my next purchase is a Tech2. What is a reasonable price to pay for one? Are there different variants of them that indeed specifically for my car? Tech 2 CANDi?

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
You need TECH2 with CANdi and suitable laptop with TIS program.

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
When you start the car, do you get Lock System Failure message on SID?

The problem with this car is that we don't know the history and what previous owner(s) tried to do to it. A stock unmodified Saab certainly has known failure modes. And lots of them need a Tech II. But amateur repairs add a whole other dimension of unknown crap. A competent independent (what other kind are there now?) Saab shop may be the ultimate solution.

Yes, there is medicine over the phone or internet. But at some point, if there are issues, you go in for actual physical checks. Same with a car. What may even be obvious if someone with experience looked at the car, may not even be mentioned by you (because you don't know what might be important to mention).

·
Registered
331 Posts
Your lock issue may be fixed by simply removing & reading the door modules...ask me how I know. FWIW that of course requires a tech2 as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
This car isn't my main source of transportation. I ride a motorcycle, I have ridden a motorcycle only for the last 5 years. This was my dad's car and I'm just working on it for fun because it's basically a free car that I can use on days where maybe I don't want to be on two wheels. So I'm doing all of the work myself. My next item will be a tech2 so maybe I can get some more diagnostic information and so I can marry the new electronic pieces I get. Even as it sits the car is perfectly drivable just not really at night. I have a few tech2s I'm looking at on ebay.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Replacing the ballasts for both headlights did the trick. So the parasitic load and the headlights are both fixed now :)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts