SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new Saab 93 SE 2002 and I love it! I'd like to start making some mods to it. Any ideas of into the best performance mods to start with first that will give me the best bang for the buck?

Also I was thinking about replacing my spoiler with a viggen spoiler. Any ideas on where to get one?

Attachments

·
Registered
642 Posts
Rear Sway, and or Viggen Rescue Kit, Also open air intak, all are 200 and under but make noticible differences, but if I had to pick one I'd say sway bar, as my VRK is in the mail and I can't speak for its performance yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much power? Is there a limit? haha I'd like to start with something that is going to be most beneficial performance vs. money. I was thinking induction kit and or viggen rescue kit as mentioned.

Still haven't found any viggen spoilers. Abbott doesn't have any I like.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Best mod for the buck is probably the thicker rear antisway bar. It's a suspension mod, but also should be considered a performance mod because it settles the car down during turns and enables you to corner faster.

Next would probably be the SMBC.....

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I read on here that SMBC isnt any good even for T7 cars....if it is, I'm deffinetly gonna get it!

i think the basics: intake and exhaust

if money is a huge issue, you could do this for under 100 bucks....

Find the correct K&N and fit it, and then get a shop to replace your muffler and resonator with a straight pipe in the stock exhuast...thats the absolute cheapest way I could think of...and fab up your own heatshield. if not an intake is around 180, and an exhaust is around 350.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
there is a post about the same car with the same motor about two posts down or sumthin like that... u cna check out my website for a list of mods and stuff that hypothetically would get u to 260crank hp like i have on stock software...

·
Registered
10,464 Posts
You'll have to check junkyards if you want a Viggen spoiler, since new ones cost nearly $2000. They're not very common, but you'll be glad you bought one if one turns up!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts