SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been a reader for some time now, but just picked up a real nice 07 9-3 2.0T. So far im loving it, and have done a few mods. I came out of a 2010 Ford Taurus SHO, so alittle slower, but puts a smile on my face every time I drive it, unlike the ford.

I do have a queastion though, I dont know if this normal or not. When driving normaly, and the car goes through the gears (auto) it will shift into third gear and be at about 3k rpms, if I get on it alittle it feels like the torque convertor digs down abit to 2500 rpms, and accelrates strong.

Is this normal? Its a auto with 86k miles, and ive yet to change the fluid.

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
20,432 Posts
Completely normal and it is the torque convertor.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
The 5 speed has a lock up torque converter in 3, 4, and 5 so it will feel a bit different when in second.

The 6 speed, otoh, has a lock up converter in all gears and makes 1 & 2 a little strange at first.

I do know what you are saying that you accelerate then the rpm's drop as the torque converter is locking up although you're accelerating.

Changing the fluid would be cheap and prudent.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I also got rid of a 2011 Taurus SHO and now have a 2008 9-3 and a 2010 9-3 aero. I do not miss the SHO at all. It was a great car, but it just wasn't for me. The sho had LMS tune, mobsteel grills, and a few other small things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts