SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently the new rebates are out. It seems GM has increased the rebates by $1,000 on both the 9-3 2.0T and Aero!! It's time to run out and buy that Aero. Should now be $25,500 with GMS +TTL. I guess it's now $5000 for the 2.0T and $6,500 for the Aero. :cheesy:

Although, the Saab website doesn't reflect this yet. I asked the salesman if it was a GM or dealership increase and he said GM!!

Has anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
The Saab USA site says:

Purchase Offer: 2007 9-3 2.0T Sport Sedan
$4,000 Customer Cash*
OR
0% APR financing for qualified buyers.**

Purchase Offer: 2007 9-3 Aero Sport Sedan
$5,500 Customer Cash*
OR

Customer Appreciation Program
:
Current Saab owners are eligible to receive $1,000 Owner Loyalty Cash***
on the purchase of a 2006, 2007, or 2008 9-3 Sport Sedan, or $1,000 Owner Loyalty Cash§ on the lease of a 2008 9-3 Sport Sedan.

That's 6500.00 on the aero

·
Registered
128 Posts
JonV said:
The Saab USA site says:

Purchase Offer: 2007 9-3 2.0T Sport Sedan
$4,000 Customer Cash*
OR

Purchase Offer: 2007 9-3 Aero Sport Sedan
$5,500 Customer Cash*
OR

Customer Appreciation Program
:
Current Saab owners are eligible to receive $1,000 Owner Loyalty Cash***
on the purchase of a 2006, 2007, or 2008 9-3 Sport Sedan, or $1,000 Owner Loyalty Cash§ on the lease of a 2008 9-3 Sport Sedan.

That's 6500.00 on the aero
With these figures, It's 6500.00 only if you are a current saab owner (with trade-in). I'd still pick one up....they're pretty sweet. Good luck!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Those incentives have been out for quite sometime, unless there is something new, but that normally doesn't occur until the 1st of the month

inyrmnd said:
With these figures, It's 6500.00 only if you are a current saab owner (with trade-in). I'd still pick one up....they're pretty sweet. Good luck!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know, I too saw that the official Saab/GM website didn't change. That's why I'm a bit suspicous of the dealer and their statement. If they're giving an extra $1,000 on top of GMS and the $500 they offered earlier. The deal's getting better.

A dealer's salesman (or sales manager) wouldn't lie to score a sale would he???? :roll:

·
Registered
72 Posts
So your saying they are offering gms supplier rate and 5500 plus 1k loyalty plus another 1k and 500?

kcaudell said:
I know, I too saw that the official Saab/GM website didn't change. That's why I'm a bit suspicous of the dealer and their statement. If they're giving an extra $1,000 on top of GMS and the $500 they offered earlier. The deal's getting better.

A dealer's salesman (or sales manager) wouldn't lie to score a sale would he???? :roll:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well you got the car you wanted with the options, those are the chances we all take, if we all had hinsight..
joemama said:
I'd be really pissed because I just bought a 9-3 based on the fact that the incentives DIDN'T change Nov. 19th.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Financing rates did change, however. It had been 0% for 36 months, then like 1.9% for 48 or 3.9% for 60 for quite some time. Now, as part of GM's 'Red-Tag' clearance sale, you can get 0% financing for up to 60 months from GMAC.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes but then you loose the incentives except the owners loyalty.
LaserRed9-3Aero said:
Financing rates did change, however. It had been 0% for 36 months, then like 1.9% for 48 or 3.9% for 60 for quite some time. Now, as part of GM's 'Red-Tag' clearance sale, you can get 0% financing for up to 60 months from GMAC.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
naples007 said:
Yes but then you loose the incentives except the owners loyalty.
Yes, you lose the 'official' incentives, but dealers will still give you thousands off MSRP if you haggle a bit.

It depends on your situation. Some folks buy outright, in which case the official incentives are obviously better. Some folks finance, in which case the 0% for <whatever> will be cheaper than financing at a 'normal' rate. You're not going to find a regular bank that will finance anything at 0%.:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
08's Lease questions.

Does anyone have the residual and money factor for the 08's both sedans and convertible. 2.0t and Aero, getting different information from dealers, for the national program of 27mos/12k per year with 2999 due at signing.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I took advantage of the incentives available up in Canada and took advantage of getting myself a '07 Saab 9-3ss AERO in Laser Red.

Paul

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
I hear dealers play games with invoice when using the increased incentives/rebates. Some dealers won't sell for invoice...where they would when the incentives were lower.

What have you guys experienced?

The online Saab new car dealers that I monitor for pricing don't seem to have any stock either. Its easy to offer half off a product that isn't in/has low inventory. I don't see why the media factors "rebates/incentives" in depreciation because of the limited number that buy at the actual low price.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
DanS said:
I hear dealers play games with invoice when using the increased incentives/rebates. Some dealers won't sell for invoice...where they would when the incentives were lower.

What have you guys experienced?

The online Saab new car dealers that I monitor for pricing don't seem to have any stock either. Its easy to offer half off a product that isn't in/has low inventory. I don't see why the media factors "rebates/incentives" in depreciation because of the limited number that buy at the actual low price.
Actually, my "sale price" is pretty much @ invoice....so I am happy.

Paul

·
Registered
33 Posts
My dealer sells all new cars at one of the GM employee price rates before putting the rebates into the equation. For me, the rebates are the final piece in whether the deal works for me or not. Having a Jeep, I won't get the owner loyalty bonus, so I hope they increase the rebate again.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK, went to my friendly dealer yesterday and figured it out. There's a GM wide promotion called (I think) Fly Home for the Holidays Cash. $500 on 2008 9-3 and $1,000 on 2007 9-3's. SO, the offered price is $25,306 including TTL for 60th Anniversary and $27,850 for Aero. This includes GMS pricing, Aero - $5,500 rebate, -1,000 Holiday Cash, - $1,000 additional dealer discount (below GMS). With a 6% sales tax, about $250 for license, and $50 for title, that puts the price at about $25,973+TTL for the Aero and the 2.0T at $23,590 + TTL.

If the 2.0T 60th had Xenon headlights, and a better looking rear exhaust, I'd probably buy that. Then buy BSR. But at this point, the Aero makes the most sense, although I really dislike the Aero steering wheel. Anyone with a 60th Anniversary leather only want to trade???? :suprised;

Still deciding. BUT, I have to decide soon.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Up in Canada, they had the "Wish and Win", where you pick a one of three crystal balls and you could get anywhere from $0 to $10,000 in cash towards the purchase of a new vehicle, or a new vehicle itself. :)

New vehicle would have been a new Saturn Astra which you could consequently trade in for like $20K towards another vehicle. I got $1000 Wish and Win, I hope it was more.

Rest of the rebates were pretty amazing along with my trade-in. :)

Paul

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LaserRed9-3Aero said:
Is there currently 0% on Saab's too? Nobody (salesman) has mentioned that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts