SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my second Saab, an 08' Aero SC, was gonna get Turbo X but couldn't fin any good SCs.

Had its for a day so far and I am thrilled. Anything I shold know? car has 30k

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Well congrats on your second Saab, I'm on my 3rd.

Considering Saab only had 600 TX in the states and only a fraction were SC's, they are probably hard to come by.

Do you have FWD or XWD? In mid '08 they switched all Aero's over to XWD.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!

Its FWD, wanted XWD, but the shape of this car and dealership rep was hard to pass up.

Cant believe that difference the V6 255hp makes over the I4, 210 hp

Well congrats on your second Saab, I'm on my 3rd.

Considering Saab only had 600 TX in the states and only a fraction were SC's, they are probably hard to come by.

Do you have FWD or XWD? In mid '08 they switched all Aero's over to XWD.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
A dealer by me has a turbo x sc and a turbo x sedan. Both have 4x,xxx miles and are over $20k though.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I went to my Saab dealer yesterday. It was kinda sad. The showroom was the size of my room. It just barely fit a 9-3 and a 9-5. The 9-5 was brand new with 11 miles black on black with a 6 speed $43,000 and they were selling it for a third off. I just love going into dealerships and hearing the **** they have to say. "This car screams you man. You walked in and this car saw you, you didn't see it (2 cars in the showroom). Then he goes into "Saab, the most underrated car on the road, do you know that?" No, I didn't know that. I only puled up a 9-3 to the front door. And every time I mentioned Saab going under he changed the subject. Its funny since I'm in the car business and sell cars also. More wholesale then retail but its the same thing. I just hope I don't sound as insincere and fake as some of these guys do. I know I don't lol.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Thanks!!

Its FWD, wanted XWD, but the shape of this car and dealership rep was hard to pass up.

I really miss my SC. Enjoy it much more than the SS's.

So now you need to get those windows tinted (cheap to do and great mod) and if you have the funds a tune:D

·
Registered
238 Posts
I went to my Saab dealer yesterday. It was kinda sad. The showroom was the size of my room. It just barely fit a 9-3 and a 9-5. The 9-5 was brand new with 11 miles black on black with a 6 speed $43,000 and they were selling it for a third off. I just love going into dealerships and hearing the **** they have to say. "This car screams you man. You walked in and this car saw you, you didn't see it (2 cars in the showroom). Then he goes into "Saab, the most underrated car on the road, do you know that?" No, I didn't know that. I only puled up a 9-3 to the front door. And every time I mentioned Saab going under he changed the subject. Its funny since I'm in the car business and sell cars also. More wholesale then retail but its the same thing. I just hope I don't sound as insincere and fake as some of these guys do. I know I don't lol.
It's not as sad as closing completely. Albany, Rochester, and Syracuse dealers have been closed for months. I got nothing around me now.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The new 9-5 is such a good looking car. It seemed like Saab finally got their act together with the design and becoming more modern but still having that quirkiness to it. If GM didn't kill them they could have been a serious competitor against Volvo, VW, BMW etc. And as much as I like the new 9-5 I could never buy one because of inevitably not being able to get parts. At least we still have Volvo and VW. I guess I could go for a new S60 or a Jetta.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The new 9-5 is such a good looking car. It seemed like Saab finally got their act together with the design and becoming more modern but still having that quirkiness to it. If GM didn't kill them they could have been a serious competitor against Volvo, VW, BMW etc. And as much as I like the new 9-5 I could never buy one because of inevitably not being able to get parts. At least we still have Volvo and VW. I guess I could go for a new S60 or a Jetta.
Agreed, the car was excellent. Except I was hoping for a new powertrain. The 2.0 probably wasn't enough kick for a car that big, and the V6 gets bad mileage. The Avalon gets 28 mpg on the highway at 270 hp for $18 grand less than the original MSRP on the 9-5 aero.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thanks!!

That's my car, same color, love it. Get the rear windows tinted, look even better. Congrats....

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I have to disagree. I like the looks of the 9-5, but the aero was $50,000+. For $10,000 less you can get a new Taurus SHO that is much faster, similar or better gas mileage, but I like both about the same for appearance. I just feel like the v-6 platform was not that good in these cars. The non aero was $40,000. Way too much money imo. The new Taurus took a lot of buyers from luxury brands. Ford did an excellent job with that car.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Others that ahve seen the car also recommend the tints, I'm just afraid of the ricey/ honda civic stigma... but will consider

i love the hirsch front splitter and rear diffuser

I really miss my SC. Enjoy it much more than the SS's.

So now you need to get those windows tinted (cheap to do and great mod) and if you have the funds a tune:D

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Others that ahve seen the car also recommend the tints, I'm just afraid of the ricey/ honda civic stigma... but will consider

i love the hirsch front splitter and rear diffuser
Tint is not being ricey. Tint is reducing heat in your car, helping to protect your eyes, skin, and the interior of your car. On top of that it looks awesome. Ricey are purple/pink headlights, non functional spoilers, and fart cans for exhaust.

Fyi tint should not be pluralized. That drives tint installer friend crazy when people call it tints lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts