SaabCentral Forums banner

New owner questions

1K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  putergod 
I'm using Denso Iridium IK20 plugs. Have them on for about 10k KM. No problems, there is a noticable difference in throttle response, but also a noticable reduction in mpg's. i lost about 50kms.

The aero suspension is good, unless you go to the track all the time you should be quite satisfied. It's stiff and loud on the bumps, Just make sure you sound proof it. Damn rattles will drive you nuts.

Use Mobil 1 0w-40 oil 6L's and you can use any gm spec oil filter and air filter. You may want to have cabin air filter replaced, and have the battery checked. If it looks like the saab oem battery indicated in the manual, i would change it on spec to be sure, because once it does start going on you, all sorts of electrical gremlins will start happening.

Check for coolant leaks and make sure there's no oil mixed with it, check your wipers, make sure they park where they should, make sure your sunroof works as well as all windows. Your rear fog may have a bulb missing, so you may want to pick one up. Forgot the bulb number.

For the buttons, your best bet to keep them from peeling is not to use them :cheesy:. But you obviously will, so just touch them gently.

I use 91 octane gas. Here in Toronto 94 is the highest we have and it seems like it's going the way of the dodo. I didn't notice any performance gains over 91. 94 just burns cleaner, and doesn't give me more KM's due to the 10% ethanol blend. Don't know how the gas is in the states.

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but if i think of something i'll post back.

Oh, one more thing. Make sure to Enjoy it too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.