SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Be aware that eventually your 2.0 engine may fall into the "problem" category when it comes to valves. This is based on the assumption that whatever stock of valves that GM left or perhaps the same supplier was used there has been a high failure rate in later year cars.

It's long but read the sticky and as the fleet gains mileage it may be a matter of time.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Another issue, and after having Saabs since 1984, I doubt I fall into the "hater" category of course some of the blind loyalists would disagree with that, you better check twice with the shops that said they can work on these cars.

Now that is a "Muller" issue vehicle you have as a 2010 and the service requirements may be different but I never heard that. That said, many shops, my own indie included and a few other in my area ((lots of Saab and Beemers around), will tell you they can work on the car. What many will fail to tell you that this may be limited to changing some hard parts like brakes and such. When it comes to technical issues like a locked ignition, my indie sent me packing off to a former Saab dealer where a Tech II was needed to marry the failed ignition switch to the car. It seems he has "some" Tech II privileges but is not current in his subscription and with Saab on the way out, he is not going to renew (nor have our other two shops that advertise Saab-BMW-Mercedes).

Call them back and ask about full and current subscription rights. It just may mean to you that at least you will have former Saab dealers lined up when the issues start ... and yeah, IMHO, these cars do show up as more likely to have a problem than not. Both our Saabs, the 2008 and 2009 have required a tow. The only other tows I have had (owned nearly 100 cars over time, like $100 MG''s), were our 1989 900 and 1989 9000.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.