SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, im a brand new owner of this 2004 9-3..i absolutely love it...on the steering wheel, it has a phone button and a button that looks like a voice dialing button or something like that...the manual says nothing about bluetooth or phone integration....WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANYONES HELP AND CLARIFICATION!!!!

thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Probably not onstar equipped, or you would know what they do.
If you don't have the little onstar blue button, no onstar, but you can still run phone through it... however, exactly "how" is something I'm not sure on (Check eBay and the sites advertised at the top for Saab 9-3 phone connections, etc.). You can always take it to the dealer to have the bluetooth by motorola installed hardwired, although buying it from Saab is more expensive than buying it from amazon.com.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Probably not Onstar Equipped you say! More than likely Onstar equipped...try and buy a Saab without it..And if he doesn't know what onstar is, how would he know what the buttons are? I remember when I moved up from my 900's...every salesman made a Point to tell you how it comes with a "Free Onstar", Like there throwing it in...the 02's and 03's even..and I'd laugh and say "I could care less about something that I have to pay to use and it won't work in a year or two anyway. Blows the whole Sales Pitch.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
SidewaysD said:
all saabs 03+ are onstar equiped in north america.

From what i was told.
That is if you don't purchase that option. I have an '04 Saab without Onstar and I don't think many in Canada were ordered with it.

Paul

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Maybe GM almost realized forcing a proprietery system on consumers wether they wanted it or not is not a good idea. I was not aware it is/was not standard on the later models...My Bad.

But it is true if you get the NAV Option, Onstar is Mandatory right?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Not that I am aware....I don't think you need OnStar for NAV, but I may be mistaken.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Not true - I have the 04 Arc and no onstar.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that our OP doesn't have onstar either.

SidewaysD said:
all saabs 03+ are onstar equiped in north america.

From what i was told.

·
Registered
811 Posts
My 06 doesnt have Onstar, glad for that too. The lady on the other end trys to seduce me into speeding when I am driving. Faster....faster.....faster.... oh wait that was my girlfriend last night!!!;)

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
03 had OnStar, they dropped it in 04 as the equipment would have been obsolete (it was analog only) before the car was out of 4 year wwty.

Car had lots of calling functionality in the infotainment system in Europe but only OnStar in the US.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
TYVM, when I was 03 shopping I never saw a 93SS without Onstar...I wasn't aware it had been dropped later.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts