SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, recently just purchased an '87 900 turbo with low miles for an amazing price. I knew it needed work but was willing. Long story short, my mom made me register it sooner than planned. After suffering dmv hell:evil:, on the way back I noticed my rear passenger suspension had gone through the mount and is now hitting my wheel well:cry:. Has anyone encountered this in general, and would it be expensive? I will post pics later, gotta run to work.

·
Registered
13,179 Posts
...my rear passenger suspension had gone through the mount and is now hitting my wheel well...
That actually makes no sense.
You're going to have to be a lot more specific before anyone can offer advice.
Trailing arm mount? Sway bar mount? Shock mount? Panhard rod mount? Trailing link mount?
A wheel well is an empty space. What exactly is being hit, and what's hitting it?

·
Registered
108 Posts
If your are talking about the rear top shock mount then yes i have had it happen to mine,got a mate to weld it up, cost £20

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, that was vague. I was rushing for work this morning. Anyway, yeah it is the rear top shock mount. Thought it was an interior noise at first since it needs to be redone. Only had 5 min on one of my breaks to test drive it in the lot. Not even long enough for the turbo to warm (luckily it's not blown). Pretty much bought it based off the little knowledge I have on these, visual, and the fact it moved. Also got it for less than $1k:D. Here are those pics

Attachments

·
Registered
13,179 Posts
That's usually no big deal. Any body shop can Mickey Mouse it back together.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well that's reassuring. Any tips on a nice suspension setup? I may take it to the track every now and then, but like the ground clearance. I saw an eibach 1" lowering kit online, would that be ok as far as versatility?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
That rusted damper mount does not affect the basic suspension setup. When it's welded up the suspension will remain the same. Ground clearance and lowering kits do not go together.

PS When you get that damper mount fixed, get the other side checked too. It also could be close to failing.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
and the driveshaft tunnels?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
surprisingly the underneath is very clean and rust free, that's why it was a shock. That and the fact I do emissions (a.k.a vehicle inspector), had it on the lift at my shop and the 4 mechanics didn't notice either:confused:. And my appologies, more specifically any coil and sway bar suggestions? It does have quite some body roll.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts