SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all, I am new to this forum and am looking for opinions on my first Saab.

2001 9-5 Wagon 92000 miles, exc condition, purchased from original owner, complete service history with car.

What I am trying to find out is what can I do to this car to prepare it for the next 100k, maintenance wise???? PCV/Oiltrap maint??? Any other maintenance procedures unique to this car???!? Timing belt or chain?

I know that the brakes and rotors need replacement right away. Are OEM recommended? In the past I have had good results with zimmerman rotors with PBR ceramic pads? Is this a bad idea for Saab?

The usual upper SID is crazy, I understand possible simple fix with dissasembly and cleaning ribbin cable contacts?

Please let me know,

Thanks Rob

·
Registered
59 Posts
also just follow the guide in the service manual and definitely make sure the timing belt has been changed if you are approaching 92k miles and it hasnt been done yet. you will notice the manual says saab replaces it once for free and it should have been done at 60K. however, service history is not saved so ask the owner. also you can get a warranty record by calling a dealer and giving the last 8 of your vin. this is good info to have. just check into the belt asap.

*high octane gas (over 90) and full synthetic oil always!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fat eld,

Dealer provided me with service records since new. Dealer also said engine has a timing chain, and unless a problem occurs,noisy, etc, it does not need to be changed.

-Rob

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, Are the PCV kits the newest version, no matter where you get them, dealer, online, etc??

Can the oil pan/sump be dropped easily, are there any obstructions??

-Thanks, Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts