SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Hmmmm, I may have found the source of my odd noise...

This is on a car with clamp and brace and Eibach springs. I hope its not the control arm bushings, but it could be I soppose. I'm going to check about the rubber thing mentioned by boxman.

Basically my sound occurs when I turn the wheel under load or not, and over most bumps. At low speeds over bumps it makes the noise more freely. It seems to do it only when I'm turning slightly though. And its worse when I turn the wheel to the right?

Is there any better way to diagnose control arm bushings? Or should I just try dampening the brace and seeing if that fixes it?

Now I'm off to check taliaferro and eEuro for those bushings....

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I'm really hoping this is whats wrong with the car. Taking off the brace would be cheaper than getting new subframe bushings. I'd probably want to do those later, but not just yet. I'll go check the brace clearance right away.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Well I'm going to try a few of the different thinngs mentioned in this thread and see if they alleviate my noises. Hopefully this will happen on Wednesday if I have time after installing my cross-flow. I'll surely post if I find much out, just for more first hand experience at least.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.