SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i figured my old muffler might have had something to do with the sluggishness of my car, i figured between the dents and the 5+quarts of oil that had gone through it, it didn't flow too great, so i got the cheapest replacement i could find, a glassback :cheesy: i had it put on right today, i took it to a muffler shop and had them cut the old one off, and weld the new one in there... these guys were good, too, he cut the hangers off the old muffler and welded them to the glasspack, so it still has the hangers on the muffler :cool: and it only cost me $70 total, for the glasspack and installation :D she runs noticeably smoother, and isn't that much louder... granted, she is noisy if you get on it, but idle and normal acceleration isn't much louder than stock

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
you fixed your turbo woes yet?

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kind of, i have the old turbo on it still, which has the crappy turbine, but it works for now, the bearings are good, so i say screw it, it'll work till i can get a brand new one :lol:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm, i've noticed a few marked improvements over the stock muffler already

#1. seemingly improved gas mileage... now, i know i've only had it on for two days, but i've done a lot of driving, and i could swear the gas gauge needle goes down slower! granted that could just be because i'm going easier on the gas to keep the noise down around residential areas at 2am :lol:

#2. seems to work well as a deer repellent about 50% of the time... granted the other 50% is the [email protected]#in kamikaze deer around here! :evil: i got sideways twice playing deer dodger tonight... next step i think is going to be a custom brushguard! :cheesy:

#3. there seems to be slightly more power, which could be because the stock muffler was quite full of something, so i'm guessing it wasn't flowing as much as it could, but even so, acceleration is definetely a bit higher, and it boosts a little earlier, and slightly higher as well (only tested that one once :eek: )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts