SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On at least two occasions, I have had members with zero posts or one post send me PMs. I tried reply to them by PM, but couldn't for obvious reasons.

I didn't mind as these messages were legitimate (they were requesting Tech2 help) but I find it odd that they were able to get to me when they're not supposed to (per the forum rules).

Not sure what details you would need to look into this, but the PMs are sitting in my inbox so I can provide any necessary info.

·
Administrator
1,108 Posts
I'm trying to double check the rules (haven't read them in a bit) and what I can find doesn't say about who can and can't send PM's. Can you link me where you read this?

Kevin

·
Administrator
1,108 Posts
Hey there,

Can you provide me with the usernames of the members that were able to message you?

All of the permissions in the back end are set so new members are only allowed to PM Mod/Admins.

Richard.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The users are:

Whaley95 (who has 4 posts as of right now; I think he/she had 1 when I received the PM)

Steviel (who has 0 posts)

·
Administrator
1,108 Posts
The system shouldn't have let them, so I'm unsure how they got past it. I did some tweaking to the system and we'll see if that makes a difference. My tests were positive. Let me know if this happens to you again

Kevin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts