SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D ey guys!!

Just thought i'd show off my new beauty. Picked her up from an auto electrician for 600 aussie dollars. Its an 83 T8 turbo for my wife (and my little toy- shhhh).
I picked up a Haynes handbook and am going through the full service myself. A good crash course in mechanics. The only performance mods is an increase in boost and a HKS pod filter (can't see it in the pic). The car screams like a banshee when you floor it. I cant believe how much boot space!!!

Going to a wreckers tommorow to pick up some second hand brakes, tried to order some but they go for about 80 a pair and thats shipped from interstate.

p.s does anyone know the wheel stud pattern?

enjoy the pics, feel free to comment.

p.p.s does anyone know the name of the colour for the paintwork?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Welcome to Saab Central & the T8 "GANG" :cool: :cool:

its nice to have another 5 door model on here too ;)

wheel PCD size is 114.3mm do me a favour & get rid of those nasty hubcaps :nono;

other things you will need to do is fit a intercooler you will gain about 10bhp too by adding a intercooler

HTH Paul

P.S. please use the search facility at the top of the page ;)

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
As for the color, check the color code on a sticker on one of the crossmembers in the lower trunk/boot section.

I think that yours is 'Slate Blue Metallic', but with different lighting and each computer monitor being slightly different, I can't be sure.

Here's the easy way to search for the color:
http://www.paintscratch.com/search.html

PS: I agree about the 5-door models. It's a shame that they were only brought to the US for a couple of years. I'd like to have one.

·
4,637 Posts
leonfowler said:
Going to a wreckers tommorow to pick up some second hand brakes, tried to order some but they go for about 80 a pair and thats shipped from interstate.
Do you mean barke pads or calipers? If pads, get new ones, you don't want to skimp on brakes with that kind of boost!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hi Leon,

I could be mistaken, but I do believe I played around with the cold start valve in that car a few weeks ago. The 2nd-hand replacment one worked a treat didn't it?

Sounds like you got the boost problem sorted. :D

P.S. Try Burson's for parts. I've been very happy with them. The front pads I got a while back are tops. No squeaks or squeals and they bite like a doberman. I've still got the box so I can tell you what brand they are if you need.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your help. The car is boosting better. But i still can't get into the yellow of the Turbo/APC gauge.

The cold start injector might have been faullty, but it was more the electrical side of it - it is permantly grounded. i.e always on.

now the car starts in the cold only with the right amount of throttle.

·
Registered
444 Posts
leonfowler said:
i still can't get into the yellow of the Turbo/APC gauge.
From what I've seen, there are a heap of threads you can search for and read through on that very topic in this (900 workshop) forum. No doubt the cold start issue has come up too.

Good luck and enjoy yourself. You won't know yourself once you've got the gremlins out of the system. And welcome to the world of SAABing. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts