SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,
I'm a new member here having finally opened my wallet & bought a Saab (at last), I've a few questions and although I've trawled the forums I can't see a difinative answer, so here we go and apologies upfront if these are answered elsewhere. For info I have a 9-5 Linear 2.2 Tid estate 2005 (old shape)

1) Is there a bit of kit you can add to the existing wiring to enable bluetooth connectibility? or what bits do you need to fit an a normal mobile for hands free use and are any already wired in. There aren't any phone buttons on the steering wheel or dash.

2) Is there wiring already in place to plug in a CD multi changer? and can you fit an after market piece of kit?

3) Whilst I'd like to keep the existing head unit in place as it matches the dash, I have an after market MP3 / radio / CD unit with bluetooth that I took out of my Ford Focus before I traded it for the Saab, I suppose I could fit this with a blanking plate and use of an ISO connector. Has anyone done this and is it difficult?

Thanks in advance

Reynard

·
Registered
199 Posts
Firstly you probably should do a search. This stuff has been discussed before...

Anyway the complexity of the installs depends on the AS kit you have installed 1/2/3 are the various ones from completely povo to half decent.

What you need to do will vary as the 2/3 have a seperate amplifier which gets a bit tricky.

I think the Saab head unit only takes a Saab changer.

Stipud should be able to answer more on this one...

·
Registered
740 Posts
Bluetooth is a snap. Most 9-5s come with TEL 1 setup, meaning that there is a plug behind the ACC unit that already has all the connections available (the radio provides the speaker for the phone, the microphone is already in place behind the rearview mirror). All you do is get a Saab telephone wiring harness (~$15 here in the States) and splice it to whatever car kit/bluetooth kit you have. I just installed Nokia CK-7W kit in my 2000 9-5 V6 and it works like a charm.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts