SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MERRY CHRISTMAS from a 68year old newbie, in Canada.
4 weeks ago I bought my second Saab a '97 turbo Talladega.I love it,and I really can see a LOT of value in this site!
I'VE been searching the forum for a couple of days but decided to try asking.
A couple of days ago I got home shut car off,didn't lock it.Few min .later got back in ,tried to start it,Won't crank.All electrics work,I think it's the goofy security system.Please direct me to troubleshooting info. thanks Ernie

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
I do not lock mine either, I doubt if this has anything to do with the situation. The security system can be a PITA, but I believe the Tech 2 can make some positive adjustments in this area - but this is costly..

Battery/charging system, cables - service , measure, test.
If "no-crank", then it can be either the battery, the starter, the cables, the NSS(neutral safety switch), the relay., or the ignition switch..I did the bypass/isolation test on mine some months ago - turned out to be the starter solenoid...
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109861

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
earthworm said:
I do not lock mine either, I doubt if this has anything to do with the situation. The security system can be a PITA, but I believe the Tech 2 can make some positive adjustments in this area - but this is costly..

Battery/charging system, cables - service , measure, test.
If "no-crank", then it can be either the battery, the starter, the cables, the NSS(neutral safety switch), the relay., or the ignition switch..I did the bypass/isolation test on mine some months ago - turned out to be the starter solenoid...
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109861
Now I may be a little biased since I wrote that writeup, ;) however I also practice what I preach. I recently purchased a '99 9-3 for my wife and did the mod listed in the thread referenced by EW within the first week. I did it to make sure I never had to worry about that silly NSS leaving her and the kids stranded. Since you have a '97, it will bypass both the immobilizer and the NSS.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys.
I will try the basics,as well as the by-pass which sounds like a good plan to avoid future problems.
It seems that Saab owners get lots of needed help from the site.But I gotta say my'89 900 has not given me much grief in the year I have driven it.I hope the 97is as good.
Again, thanks. Ernie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts