SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, will keep this short and sweet in the hope that I’m doing this the right way as I’m new on here and still working out the kinks.

I’m currently the owner of a 2007 Saab 9-3 1.9 tid linear sport model.
Lovely car, runs well, no weird noises or rattles but I’m at the moment where I’m beggening to think that it’s under powered or is just generally really slow...
Now I’ve driven modestly naturally aspirated petrol cars so I know it’s a completely different feel to those but this is supposed to be 150bhp and I’m just not convinced.
The only thing that sometimes happens is there feels like the turbo can only work from 1800rpm to maybe 3000, sometimes you physically feel it drop out and other days feels generally faster and better, again, not sure if that’s down to that that’s all it’s got or there’s a underlining issue.
As I’ve said, there’s no weird noises or feelings that would make you think anything obviously wrong, no dash warnings etc....
If anyone could give a bit of advice on trouble shooting plans or know that this particular car just is sluggish then any advice would be greatly appreciated, any mod’s that could/would help etc too would be greatly received too.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You could reset your ecu by disconnecting the battery cables and let the ecu readapt your driving style or get a stage 1 remap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You could reset your ecu by disconnecting the battery cables and let the ecu readapt your driving style or get a stage 1 remap.

Hi Nordic machine, thanks for the reply.
I’ve tried to disconnect the battery and still feels no different, If It is a case of it just being slow, any advice on what mods etc to do and any “dont’s” i understand it’s not made for speed but just a bit more poke would be nice.
Thanks again

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hi Nordic machine, thanks for the reply.
I’ve tried to disconnect the battery and still feels no different, If It is a case of it just being slow, any advice on what mods etc to do and any “dont’s” i understand it’s not made for speed but just a bit more poke would be nice.
Thanks again
I'm guessing you're in the UK? You could try either angel tuning or maptun for a stage 1 remap. I, personally, prefer maptun. Check out the links below.

Angel Tuning - http://www.angeltuning.co.uk/engine-remap/saab/diesel-saab/

Maptun - https://www.maptun.com/en/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah im in the uk, I’m down the bottom of the country in Cornwall so might take it to a company called bevo tuning down here, one friend has mentioned a possible boost leak somewhere as it sometimes feel’s faster than other days, maybe just taking it there and getting it plugged in will see if I’m just denying the fact it’s slow ?
Appreciate the reply’s again, thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts