SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just joined & looking to get my first Saab :)
Not sure if this is the right place but need some advice...been offered a 2 owner, 57 plate diesel convertible with fsh but it's covered 217k miles, having never before owned a Saab or a diesel for that matter looking for any advice i can get before i go take a look at it :)
Apologies if this is in the wrong place

Many thanks

Chris

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
Hi, outside the UK we don't know what a "57 reg" is without looking it up. Model year or build date is much better. I can't even guess which generation of car this is.

The extent and quality of service, and the general condition of the car (exterior, interior) would be factors to consider.

If you go try it out and like it, and the price is right--i.e. you can afford to lose some of it if it turns into a dud, or conversely you can spend some more fixing deficiencies--then why not?

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
Is car model year 2008 (facelift) or 2007 (interior facelift)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes registered mid December and the owner says its a facelift model so i can only assume at the moment that it's a MY08 :)

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
Check 10th digit of VIN. If it is 7, you have my 07 and if it is 8, you have my 08.

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
In any case, you can post to the 9-3SS/SC forum (not the 900/OG9-3 one) and detail what you know about the cars. You should get advice on what's good and bad about a car like the one you're considering. Note, in North America we did not get Saab diesels; the good and bad points about the engine will have to be answered by Europeans.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts