SaabCentral Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
The A/C should still work. It just shifts from displaying a temperature to using 0 to 10 settings.
Thx for replying. I have the manual version of aircon, where there is just an on/off button. I think my car may have copped a shunt at some time, and I doubr the tp will ever align properly to allow the switches to operate. I've been in the 'WIS' looking for a wiring diagram, but all the wiring diagram entries I've found so far are simply a parts location guide. I'll keep looking. Be happy to hardwire all switches to the position of top up. Appreciate your reply.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There are multiple sides to the WIS: There are diagrams that show parts locations, some that show connectors and pin-out, and some that are actual schematics.

What year is your car?
1998. Vin decoded attached if I can do it. Model 900/9 confuses me as been unable to cross reference that model. But still trying and new to the WIS.
Font Rectangle Parallel Number Screenshot

·
Registered
14,347 Posts
Easiest way to check roof is look for hydraulic pump assy in trunk.
If you found, you have og 9-3.
If you found electric motor and gears only, you have ng 900.

·
Registered
19,799 Posts
Yeah, '98 is the weird year and varies by market. Ir you have the electric tonneau motor in the right right side of the truck, that's the NG900 type; the hydraulic cylinder in the same spot is the OG 9-3 type. We need to know which it is.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the all electric, so it's a NG900? Thanks for narrowing it down for me. Been so hard ordering parts not knowing exactly what I should order for. Now, if I can only find the wiring schematic for the micro switches in my roof. Thx guys for persevering in identifying my model.

·
Registered
14,347 Posts
You also should have red emergency lever behind right rear seat back.
That lever disengages mechanically roof motor from roof mechanism.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've attached a pdf document detailing a modification that I've developed to eliminate the computer from operating the top on NG900 convertibles. In the document, it makes reference to pictures #1-#6. #1-#3 are attached here, in order. #s4-#6 will be attached to the first reply.

This is the only way that I can see to include all of the needed information. Feel free to PM if questions.
Hi Bob,
I hope you will get this message. I finally found the time to work on my Saab and I would have one question. In your description you wrote "“Orange handle of death”o_O any chance you could tell were to find it?

Thanks Tom

·
Registered
13 Posts
I there, I am still working on getting this to work and today I found sometime. I pulled emergency release handle and
check picture, this is as far as I can pull it. Any advice? Is anyone near Jacksonville FL which completed this?

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Trunk Automotive design

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've attached a pdf document detailing a modification that I've developed to eliminate the computer from operating the top on NG900 convertibles. In the document, it makes reference to pictures #1-#6. #1-#3 are attached here, in order. #s4-#6 will be attached to the first reply.

This is the only way that I can see to include all of the needed information. Feel free to PM if questions.
Does this work on the 1997 SE?

·
Registered
1996 900SE Cabrio 2.3
126 Posts
harleytom, you're asking questions in a conversation that's ten years old. The person you're asking hasn't posted on this website in 18 months. You're probably not going to get accurate answers.

However, I did look at the document you're asking about and yes, it applies to 94-98 Saab 900 Cabriolets. But it's a lot more work and a lot more headache compared to just getting your roof reprogrammed. The tools you need a a lot cheaper now than they were when rls120 came up with that solution.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts