SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New Kappa going in today - HELP

13 speaker 300 W 2005 Aero:

I received Infinity Kappas today - 63.7i Doors (Not sure if they will fit), 32.7cf front dash and 693.7i rear deck.

I installed the 693.7i - three way 6X9s today. The three ways fit (tweeter bridge fit fine under the SAAB speaker covers rear deck) but when I connceted them and turned the radio on - the sound was faint / muffled. Something is wrong!!

I followed the various instruction posted on SAAB Central and I was sure to pay attention to - and +.

I also removed the rear 4" speakers and tweaters under the rear deck. I removed the saab speaker connecters from stock speakers and soldered them to the lead wires from Kappa crossovers and paid attention to polarity.

Can someone who knows something about audio systems tell me what I might be doing wrong..

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
What is your stock system?

The 4" speakers on the rear deck NEVER play loud no matter the configuration. Hooking up 6x9's in their place will make no difference.

If you have factory 6x9's and AMP2 in the trunk, your 6x9's will work fine. But they will only play as loud as stock. The signal out of AMP2 is very narrow (20-90 Hz). Tweeters and midrange drivers will not play at all if you install coaxial or triaxial speakers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here are the specs for the Infinity 693.7is 6X9:

Sensitivity 95dB, Power RMS 2-100 Watts, Peak 330 Watts, Impedance 2 Ohm, Frequency responce 35 - 25000Hz, 3way design,

Design: 3 Way, Woofer Composition: M.M.D., Tweeter Composition: EMIT, Diameter: 6x9 Inch, 3-way 6"x9" speakers (pair), 2-ohm impedance, Plus One woven-glass-fiber woofer cone with rubber surround, EMIT tweeter and M.M.D. midrange' Computer-optimized outboard crossovers with tweeter level control, Top-mount depth: 3-3/16", Priced per pair

1 - 3 of 3 Posts