SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Today I found out some POS with his obnoxious trailer hitch backed into my poor 97 900 and made a pretty noticable dent in the front of the hood. Now I'm stuck having to fix it. I'd like to get a new hood, or at least one that isn't dented. Any ideas on how much this would cost me, realistically?

Thanks, if there are other options let me know!

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Try car-part.com for your area. I see hoods from $135-$350. Hopefully you can find one close to eliminate shipping and shipping damage. It doesn't take much to drop a hood on the side facing the windshield and bend the ends of the hood... Ron

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Try some local salvage yards, shipping a hood will probably be pricey. Don't know about your area, but I have a local yard that sells me any hood in the yard for $50-$75 (cheaper than paint/supplies to fix them)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Pretty much had the exact same thing happen to mine last Feb. Although no trailer hitch was involved I don't think. But some jerk backed into the front of it with a small pick-up or SUV and botched up the front of the hood.
So of course, same deal, I got stuck with it the repairs. It wasn't bad enough to get a new hood, most was cosmetic, but after the repairs, it came out to be over 2k. The shop found other things that had been damaged, knocked loose, cracked, etc...
Luckily I only had to pay my deductible.
Good luck, hope you find a good hood for reasonable price.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I paid $200 for a rust-free but crappy paint hood.

Make sure you check under the front lip to make sure there's no rust starting in there - this is a common problem usually caused by failure of the rubber seal under the front lip. Make sure you get a good rubber seal with all the little clips intact as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts