SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would just like to say Hello and that I look forward to learning as much as I can from you guys.

I currently own a 08' 97-X and a 9-3 60th Anniversary Model. I find the Saab a bit high and a little too much wheel gap. I would like to lower it. I checked Eibach site but they list nothing for that application. What do you guys use to lower your 2007 9-3 models? I would be lowering it on the factory wheels and tires and do not wish to ruin the factory ride quality too much.

Thank You!

-C

·
Registered
297 Posts
If you want to retain a "factory" style ride, you might consider the Saab Sports Suspension, it's a factory option that you can have installed any time at the dealership. It lowers the car 10mm from where it sits now, and retains the cars warranty. My car's out of warranty so I chose the 30mm H&R springs and Koni FSD struts. It took seemingly around 5k miles for the springs to finally stop jarring your teeth over a pot hole but now it rides great, no one can even believe the suspension isn't stock other than it's visually lower, and it takes corners really well.

It kind of breaks down as to what you're looking for: If you just want less wheel gap, then the factory option might be a good choice, but if you want it really low then you'll probably need to get something else. There are tons of different configurations/companies with parts for our cars suspension. Here's a link:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=459490

Good luck!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Pardon my ignorance here....

Is the Saab Sports Suspension the same setup that comes on the 07 Aero model or is it an 'upgrade' from the Aero suspension setup?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts