SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my dad just bought me a new (to me) car cause I just passed my drivers test!!!:D anyways he wanted to buy me a safe car and stuff and he picked saab because he had one when he was my age and loved it. anyways, i wonder if you could tell me why my windows wont go down when i press the button?? my dad check the fuses (they are under the back seat!! thats so cool!!:cool:) and said they were fine so he doesnt know what is the matter. so i wonder if you guys might be able to help me out a little.

thanx
kerry;)

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Windows

Right, going to try and beat a moderator..........
EDIT:
(quicker but did'nt get to the problem;) )

Hi, you'll get the official welcome i'm sure so i'll go straight to the windows.

It's most likley going to be the window motors, you could try pulling the switches out of the centre console, disconnecting them and swapping them over to see if that makes things work, if so then it's just a switch.

Otherwise your gonna have to go digging about in the doors, and check the motors.

The easiest way to do it is by removing the window and the regulator mech that makes the window go up and down.

What model/year have you got? 8valve or 16?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, thanks Si. i'm not sure what kind of engine it has except that it says turbo on the car. i think it is a 1992. it is a dark red color, almost maroon and has nice leather seats. it has 173890 miles on it, i dorve it last night around the block and thought it went pretty fast so i got kinda scared:eek: and took it home, but i still love it!!:D:D my dad is going to help me fix it up cause it needs alot of work. were gonna take a look at it this weekend.:cheesy:

thanx for the welcome, you guys are nice

kerry;)

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
try here to learn about windows: http://www.twinsaabs.com ,click the fix my c900 tab or scroll the window to it then find the slow window diy, all the info you'll need to replace any part of the system is there.

Welcome to SC.

JV

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
drive

last night around the block and thought it went pretty fast so i got kinda scared:eek: and took it home,
Wait till you get it out on the highway, if you got scared going round the block you'll really love the Saab in 4th n 5th;) .

These cars are built for 30-70mph...that's where you'll have real fun:cheesy:

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
I've got a really strange window at the moment. Drivers side will not go down until you put the passenger side down and up. Then it'll work fine :D . I've pulled the switch panel out and it all looks OK. Just another quirk.

Welcome to Saab Central :cool:

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I'm not long a Saab owner myself Kerry, but I've got a '92 Turbo and last night the window wouldn't go up for love nor money after a traffic jam cigarette (almost froze to death on the motorway once I got moving). Fuses all OK etc. etc. , but the thing was completely dead. I took off the door panels and the mechanism had worked itself a little bit free and in doing so had allowed the motor to also move a bit whenever the windows were operated and it had caused the connector to detach. Sounds like the same thing may have happened to yours. If so, it'll be easy to fix. If not, good luck with it, they're fantastic cars and well worth the little problems that crop up with them.

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Jezzadee said:
I've got a really strange window at the moment. Drivers side will not go down until you put the passenger side down and up. Then it'll work fine :D . I've pulled the switch panel out and it all looks OK. Just another quirk.
electric windows and saabs just don't mix!. My drivers side window is now stuck closed as i had to unplug the motor as the fuse kept blowing as soon as i tried to open either window or the sunroof! :(

A few weeks back it kept getting stuck open, and before that it wouldnt close all the way. Manual windows are much better!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just done the drivers side window in mine today.
Just the same as my old red 900. Motor is fine, it'd just the "up & down" gets seized
A squirt of WD40 and a bash with a hammer and all is well again :cheesy:

Come to think of it all the 900s I've had with electric windows I've had to do this to - especially the ones that have stood for a bit before I get hold of them.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
cutiekerry said:
i'm not sure what kind of engine it has except that it says turbo on the car. i think it is a 1992.
Kerry:

You can get the VIN (the number from the little plate visible under the windshield near the bottom on the driver's side) and decode it here:
http://www.saabnet.ru/vin.html

Just type in the VIN and it will tell you what you have.

If you are correct that it is a 1992 and a turbo (you know that at least), you have the 16-valve turbocharged 2.0 liter engine (designated B202 turbo). It is an intercooled full-pressure turbo (FPT) as opposed to a light-pressure turbo (LPT) and it is equipped with an APC (automatic pressure controller) and the turbocharger itself is water cooled as opposed to oil-and-air cooled on some older models.

Welcome. Interesting reading in the 'Tech.Help' section above!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts