SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... it's me with the 959K LPT... have a brand new Alpine Head Unit anyone put a new head in? If so can I get some help in what I need and how to. Does anyone make a wiring harness for 959K.

thanks,
devon

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Neither of my 9000's have the Saab fit radio.

Just get an adaptor cable that takes Saab to ISO and plug that into the unit.

David.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Depends on the MY. I believe it's MY 96 -> the 9K comes with a standard ISO connector anyway so you simply plug the radio in and that's it done. Certainly thats what happened when I fitted a Sony Unit to our saab.

Easiest job I've done on the car.

Kenneth

·
Registered
485 Posts
What system?

What is the factory system in your car?, I've recently replaced mine, have the Harman/Kardon system, I just replaced the head unit but hooked it up to the original H/K amplifier under the seat, I'm unsure if the connections on a Clarion system are the same though. But is isn't very hard, there is only input/output signal, power and remote switching wires at the amplifier.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I rememeber someone telling me that Best Buy in Nashua NH wouldn't fir their stereo for free because it was too hard. I have the Clarion system with the separate Equalizer. I would also like to know which one I should use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts