SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys my names ricky. new to this whole forum thing but i have nowhere else to turn lol. i’ve got a 07’ 2.0t at conv. 9-3 that i’ve been working on for the last year no issue but now i’m stuck. it was a strong car when i got it and then everything went south about 3 months later (got it june of 2018) and it started having a nasty misfire, shuddering at high rpm in every gear so i put it away for winter in the end of august (i’m from michigan) which gave me plenty of time to learn about every $200 coil pack and the ion module so replaced those and everything ran amazing up til about a month ago. i have no boost at this point and i’ve done bypass valve (bpcv) and wastegate so far but no change. do any of you have any ideas and or know how to do a thorough compression test? thanks guys

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ricky, welcome to the forum.

Are the ignition coils that you replaced, original saab ones?

Yes i learned the hard way after trying to replace with aftermarkets and got a nasty misfire and cel. Replaced all 4 w/ oem and everything ran fine for months but now i’m stuck in safe mode with my turbo inop... looking for possible boost leaks and/or major problems. check engine light won’t come on for anything so i’m scratching my head. boost goes up to half through every gear with no real clues as to what’s going on in there. hoping to put some more miles on her before winter but no boost = no fun ?

i’m gonna try changing the fuel filter because i can tell she’s starving but not expecting that to do anything. the only thing i notice is that when it’s about 60 degrees and humid it feels like i’m driving a different car.

·
Super Moderator
20,207 Posts
Please fill out your profile. If you are American there is no fuel filter to replace.

Does it drive better when engine is cold? And then all of a sudden you only get half boost after it warms up?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please fill out your profile. If you are American there is no fuel filter to replace.

Does it drive better when engine is cold? And then all of a sudden you only get half boost after it warms up?

I don’t see where to do that on my profile but okay i haven’t even had time to tinker with it but yes i’m from mid michigan and no it’s better all around when it’s cooler out but that’s typical with any car especially turboed cars. i have a feeling it’s in safe mode but why wouldn’t it pull a cel? i get absolutely 0 codes when i use my obdII. compression test comes next other than that i’m at a dead stop. running on all 4 no misfires just no effing boost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts