SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2003 9-3 Linear last week and so far I love it. I have a couple of questions. First, and this might sound stupid; Where can I get replacement Bi-Xenon bulbs for my car. Right now it appears someone replaced a bulb but with a different color/temperature rating. The dealer lists them at $280. I'm not that dumb that I would buy them from a dealer but where can I get them otherwise. How do I know what rating my bulbs are to match them correctly (is it written on the bulb)? Can I change them myself (contrary to what the owners manual tells me)?
Next questions is what spark plugs works best in these engines.
Any other suggestions or comments for anew owner would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Mike

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
(bulbs) did you check the owners manual to see what type they are or ask the dealership what type they are?

(plugs) I would stick with OEM for plugs (NGK i think), but I have never heard of people having problems with aftermarket untill i came here. In all my other cars i ran aftermarket and never had an issue, supposidly saabs are testy though

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
robhurlburt said:
(bulbs) did you check the owners manual to see what type they are or ask the dealership what type they are?

(plugs) I would stick with OEM for plugs (NGK i think), but I have never heard of people having problems with aftermarket untill i came here. In all my other cars i ran aftermarket and never had an issue, supposidly saabs are testy though
The original equipment list indicates Bi-Xenon as a selected option on my car.
I will give the NGK's a try, they have worked well for me in the past.
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts