SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 93 Aero 2.8 / 2001 93 SE Convertible
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself. I’ve been lurking on the forums for quite some time now and taking in all the useful information as needed but decided it better to actually sign up. I’ve owned a couple of Saab 93s and just acquired my third one this weekend, an 06 93 Aero. Car is modified and I’m still trying to make sense of a lot of it. It has an upgraded turbo and the car was having a horrible time trying to accelerate and would periodically throw the ‘stability control/traction control failure’ and would put the car in limp mode. Of course after purchasing the vehicle and trying to make the three hour drive back home I thought that I may have made a bad decision knowing it had issues. After calling the guy I bought it from once I was sitting on the side of the road he explained to unhook negative battery cable to ‘reset computer’ and it would go away. So I did that periodically as it would come on, but nonetheless I made it home.

Fast forward to the following day; I’m taking time to look everything over because I’m not sure what all has been done to the car because honestly I don’t think the previous owner did either. After looking at the stock vacuum line diagram under the hood I noticed that they had a vacuum line ran directly from the wastegate to the turbo. That didn’t seem right to me so I put a “tee” on that line and the line running from the blow off valve and connected them. Right away once the car was started you could tell it was idling smoother. Took it out and was running amazing with no lights, no limp mode! Not sure why airflow/vacuum hoses would have anything to do with the transmission and limp mode but it did.
When I spoke with the gentleman he told me the car was rear wheel drive and had new ‘nitrogen hoses’ :rolleyes:....well it in fact has nitrous lines ran and a methanol injection kit in the trunk along with the battery having been relocated to the trunk. Here’s the kicker, I know the battery being right beside the turbo is an issue with these cars from what I understand but it was relocated and they ran a short U shape intake right beside the turbo so that the filter is sitting right next to the exhaust side of the turbo. Correct me if I’m wrong but that doesn’t sound very efficient since it’s sucking nothing but hot air directly in the turbo right? So that’s probably going to be a goal at some point is to reroute the piping. Or put a turbo blanket on the turbo? Opinions?
Car also has a full aftermarket exhaust, turbo is a turbonetics t4??? I believe. Not sure if it’s ever been tuned or anything and also not sure about multiple things on the car looking to be disconnected so hopefully someone can enlighten me once I start posting issues in other posts. Car has 80k miles and interior is near immaculate in my opinion. Outside is a little rough in places, especially the hood and fenders where paint is peeling. I will try to get some pictures posted soon.
Sorry for the long drawn out rambling but just wanted to introduce myself and give a quick backstory. Look forward to ‘meeting’ you all, being involved in the ‘community’ and helping others if I can.

·
Super Moderator
20,427 Posts
Sounds like you have a fun one on your hands. Good luck!

PS. Yes, get a better intake that can pull in cold air. I'd put stock back in if it were me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts