SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone... I bought a 2009 9-3 Aero XWD (150,000ish kms) from an insurance auction. It had hit a deer in the driver's headlight. I fixed the bumper cover, bought used left and centre grills, driver's xenon adaptive headlight, hood, upper rad support... used parts are not easy to find for this beast... anyway...

I am already very excited to have it as my DD. Currently running an '02 Jetta TDI. Amazing mileage and descent power (tuner) but boring.

I had to drop it at Mark G's (THE Saab guy in Edmonton) yesterday as I could not get the headlights to work right (cornering headlight message). I want to thank you guys and gals for educating me. These cars seem to have a very complex electrical system and I don't want to invest in a Tech II at this point.

The rear pinion seal is leaking, needs new rear springs (PO replaced the leveling shocks with Bilsteins but left the factory springs), and an inner rear cv boot.

I ordered a Stage 2 tune, some 3" and 2.5" exhaust parts so I can build a better flowing down-pipe back system. Also looking at a water to air intercooler set up.

This is going to be fun.

Cheers,
Chris

·
Super Moderator
20,203 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Diggs, your sig line was the deciding factor for me dropping it off at Mark G's... and a day of searching and reading here.

·
Registered
'78 99 GL; '83 900; '89 900S; '99 9-5 Wagon; '06 9-5 Aero Wagon; '08 9-3 Aero XWD; '11 9-3X
22 Posts
Welcome to the SC Forums. I driving my 6th Saab, 2008 9-3 Aero XWD (67K kms). It was throwing some weird codes during my first winter, and the independent Saab mechanic here in TO (Fisher Automotive) couldn't fully diagnose it and told me "you've got one of the more complicated Saabs". Well, those codes disappeared and I haven't had any over the past 2 years. Had the battery & a few coils replaced and it now scans totally clean with the Tech2. Good luck with yours!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts