SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,179 Posts
Hey joeyjoey, referred to this thread via the folks at saablink. I'd like to buy one of your DIC's. Couldn't find where to send you a PM, so if you could shoot me one that'd be great!
Click on the member's username in the upper left corner of his last post in the thread. You will get a drop down box with several options, the second of which is to send him a PM.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
One part remaining. It seemed all were claimed last week but one of the potential buyers seems to be backing out due to monetary reasons or the fact they no longer need the part. PM if interested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In Denver and Interested in the DIC

Hello,

I can't seem to send you a PM, but I am very interested in the DIC. I could pay cash and pick it up in Denver.

I'm not really sure if you can PM me or please let me know the best way to contact you.

Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
More available

Bottom line: There is 1 (maybe 2) more parts available.

I know I said I wasn't going to order any more parts, but I recently gave in to a flurry of new requests (thank you, saablink forums) and ordered 4 more when I discovered they were available. A delayed response and a little confusion after being contacted back-to-back by two members with the same first name left me short a couple more parts than I had offered out.

It seemed all were claimed, but I now, again, have at least one DIC available to whoever wants one. There may be two available depending on whether the next in line is able to claim his tomorrow.

PM if interested. If you are new and unable to post please attempt to send a visitor message (or click on my username and post on my member page - that seems to be working for others).

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
I purchased one of these DIC from Joey Joey, and based on the input here I also replaced the sparkplugs when I did so. The DIC had dilectric grease already on the plug connectors. I assembled it all in and have to say it did make a nice difference in engine smoothness so I figure it was time to change....

bump for a very good seller.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks for the bumps. It's good to hear back that everyone's parts are working out for them.

Once again, I am down to 1 part for the next person who wants it. Yes, I made that same statement in a previous post and then proceeded to send out ten more parts before being down to just one again. There was a lot of interest after that post and I decided to just go ahead and have more shipped to me. I have held this final part for someone for the better part of a month, but he let me know today that he wasn't going to need it in the end.

In all, I've sent out 17 parts to members here, kept one for myself, one for a neighbor, and have one left over. The transactions have been surprisingly smooth, so I've been glad to do so.

I won't completely rule out having another batch sent to me if the interest level warrants it, but that said, I would have been happy today to send out my last part to the final member on my list in need of one.

I'll attach a pic with the date for confirmation below (last few digits of serial number blurred as usual):

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
If anyone needs one, let me know. I'd be happy to make $50 bucks a whack buying them for $190 from Advance auto online (p/n c1705, I use coupon code "p20") then sell them to you all for $240! I'll just need 5-7 days lead time to get the part shipped to me, peal the labels off, and ship it out to you (you pay shipping of course).

Sorry to be rude, but the $190 DI deal has been shared on at least 2 other forums for weeks now. This has gone on long enough.

·
Registered
347 Posts
If anyone needs one, let me know. I'd be happy to make $50 bucks a whack buying them for $190 from Advance auto online (p/n c1705, I use coupon code "p20") then sell them to you all for $240! I'll just need 5-7 days lead time to get the part shipped to me, peal the labels off, and ship it out to you (you pay shipping of course).

Sorry to be rude, but the $190 DI deal has been shared on at least 2 other forums for weeks now. This has gone on long enough.
My buddy tried ordering it from advance auto for me and told me it showed 0 pieces left in inventory, so it seems they are out of stock now.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts

meh. Rude? for sure. Some days. Apology is pointless from you; I didnt see you posting this at the get go. Thanks to Joey, I am happy to pay a little extra for his hard work to source, verify and get it delivered to my door, and BTW a hundred dollars or so cheaper than typical prices from the esteemed vendors on here.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
If the Advance Auto Parts item is the real deal for the price stated I would encourage everyone to go that route as it is clearly a better deal than I am getting. Someone did send me a PM about this maybe a week ago with no part number and I dismissed it after visiting the site because I didn't see any DICs for the price they stated, the cheapest was a Beck-Arnley aftermarket that started around $260 - so it appeared they just had the wrong part. The "c1705" still shows a considerably higher price for me. I just did a quick search after this new post by Cark popped up though and it looks like people are saying that Advance's prices vary depending on where you're located. By all means, if you are located where you can get what may be a genuine part for $190 then absolutely do so, and I'll only wish I had been able to do the same.

I have one part remaining, which may already be sold to the final person interested (and I've alerted him to the Advance possibility), so it already seemed like the perfect time to step out of this. I'll gladly refer everyone to what may be a better deal assuming it's accurate, and would have done so from the start as that would always be preferable than going through me. The price I was asking is a round-up of the per item price I was paying, which seemed like an excellent deal when I was buying my own part (I was looking at eBay or $380 at eEuroparts). Admittedly, I did raise the price to $250 very briefly because the attention required was a bit more than anticipated and there were so many members contacting me, but I then lowered it back to $240 just because I didn't want to be seen as trying to profit on everyone.
The parts I obtained were sourced from a regional supplier in a part of the country where I lived when I worked in the automotive industry. I was always glad to help others get the same deal I got, but as the number of requests increased the risk of a lost or damaged part was becoming a bit worrying anyway and I kept wondering when I would actually stop; if there hadn't been so many inquiries I would have stopped doing this after the first batch but never really wanted to leave so many people hanging.

Again, I hope everyone is satisfied with the parts they received. I do know they were all genuine and new as I inspected them myself. Anyone else interested should definitely research this Advance Auto Parts deal before buying anywhere else as it seems like a ridiculously good price based on what I've personally seen.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts