SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Multiple New Genuine Saab Direct Ignition Cassettes (Black) Part#55559955 TK3.7D/E

Location - Denver

Means of contact: PM

Price:
$240 each + shipping (if paying via check or a fee-free electronic debit transfer such as square.com/cash)

Description: New Genuine OEM Direct Ignition Cassettes (Black) Part#55559955 TK3.7D / TK3.7E made in Sweden and manufactured by Saab original supplier SEM (Svenka Elektromagneter). Date codes late 2011 through late 2012.

Photos: See below posts.

UPDATE:
I have three remaining parts on hand. Pics of the parts Ive received are posted below. As of now, six of these parts have been sent out to members.

From the date codes, my guess would be that these are left over inventory from the last time Saab filed for bankruptcy, which have now found their way to a distributor. That is nothing more than a guess.

Price is $240 + shipping cost of your chosen method to your location. For US locations, the range seems to be about $13-$25 by Priority mail, with insurance, which is all I've checked.

Same conditions apply as in my original post, so please don't request one unless you're certain you want it. Again, after tons of searching myself this is what I purchased for my own 9-5. I wanted a new, genuine part as the consensus here seems to be to avoid the aftermarket ones.

ORIGINAL POST:
I have an extra new DIC sitting here in front of me after some confusion around my initial order left me with two standing orders. It is still in the box, though I poked a hole to peek in at the SEM label and date code. I should have taken pictures of the first one (same date code) but it's already installed in my car as of this morning - it feels like a different car now after replacing my TK3.6A version :) . I can get a really good price on these because of a discount I've earned at a particular retailer, and after working in automotive manufacturing I know someone who can confirm the lot my part is coming from and if it's OEM, otherwise I'm not sure that's a guarantee.

I really hesitated posting this because I can already imagine the headache that these particular parts might cause if someone is hoping it clears their check engine light or DTCs and the DIC is not the problem. That said, these parts are listed at upwards of $380+ on the usual sites and it just seems like a huge shame/ripoff. I wouldn't mind helping someone out and getting these for a much better price (and yes, putting a little $ in my pocket to cover my time, effort, and trips to the post office - I'm not going to lie). However, I do fear the logistics of a return should a "remorseful buyer" type of situation arise, so please consider this a no-returns sale barring obvious defect or damage. Bottom line: I'm still subject to the retailers return period and conditions so if the worst case arises and I can still get my money back, you'll get yours back (minus all shipping), but I really hope no one will buy this from me unless you're certain you want it and are prepared to keep it regardless, even as back-up if it doesn't seem to cure your immediate issue.

PM if interested. The parts are listed as new, and as far as I can tell the one I installed this morning was indeed brand new - just a couple years since it rolled off the line. There was some dielectric grease neatly pre-beaded where it fits over the spark plugs, which I assume is part of the original manufacturing process - I added a bit of my own anyway for good measure.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Subscribed. This is quite generous. I just dropped $400 on new coils for my 2.8 but need one of these for the 9-5. Gotta talk to the wife. What a great value for the real deal.

I do agree pictures would be warranted. Relatively new member and proof of date code and OEM status.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Subscribed. This is quite generous. I just dropped $400 on new coils for my 2.8 but need one of these for the 9-5. Gotta talk to the wife. What a great value for the real deal.

I do agree pictures would be warranted. Relatively new member and proof of date code and OEM status.
agreed but sign me up anyway

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand all concerns about the lack of photos; as soon as the next part comes in, which I'm assuming will ship tomorrow and get here later in the week, I will post pics of the part including the SEM label, date code, "Saab" embedded in the casting etc.

In the meantime, I just decided to see what I could do about getting a pic of the one I installed in my car. The photos are at quite an angle, but after nearly dropping my phone and flashlight into the engine a few times I finally got a couple in focus (it's dark now afterall).

I know the last photo doesn't prove a lot, but you can probably tell it's new. Those dusty smears of lines you see at either end are actually from the corrugated box it was packed in.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
reservoirdog - I have sent you a PM.

Everyone else - I am expecting delivery of the next couple of parts today and will post some actual pics once they arrive. More are on the way, and I'm trying to keep at least one part ahead in my orders, so that there is always at least one to be claimed (until posted otherwise).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, here are the pics of the next two parts, as promised. They are actually both a bit newer than the one I put in my own car actually, having 2012 date codes (10th week and 37th week).

"Saab" is cast into the part itself, which can be seen in the upper right above the Saab/SEM label. It may help to view the images in full size as it is in a darker area of the photo. "Saab" is also embedded in the electrical connector. I deliberately blurred the last few digits of what I believe may be unique identifiers or serial numbers on the labels, in case the buyers would not want that shared.

·
Registered
481 Posts
As I said in PM, I'll take one, let me know when to Paypal you.
Ok, here are the pics of the next two parts, as promised. They are actually both a bit newer than the one I put in my own car actually, having 2012 date codes (10th week and 37th week).

"Saab" is cast into the part itself, which can be seen in the upper right above the Saab/SEM label. It may help to view the images in full size as it is in a darker area of the photo. "Saab" is also embedded in the electrical connector. I deliberately blurred the last few digits of what I believe may be unique identifiers or serial numbers on the labels, in case the buyers would not want that shared.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
After conducting a couple of transactions, the price will be $250 + shipping to account for the electronic funds transfer fees that often apply.

If you wish to send money by check, or through a fee-free method or service such as square.com/cash, contact me.

I have to thank my wife for sharing the square.com/cash info with me. It's really easy to use, all we needed were our debit card numbers and email addresses and it was done. The only catch is that it says it may take 1-2 business days.

Apologies for the increased Paypal cost. This is my first time accepting money through Paypal and I did not account for the fees. I am not running a business here, just a guy who thought I'd share a good deal I can get on a part.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Pics of the next two parts. These are both 2012 date codes as well. Once again I blurred the last few digits of what I believe are unique identifiers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is a pic of the label and date code from the next part, which arrived today. It was produced the 37th week of 2012. It's new in the box, I just cut a couple slits to take the photo. There is one unclaimed part at the moment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you!

Received my DIC last week and couldn't be happier! Installed over the weekend and the car runs remarkably better. Thanks JoeyJoey, I appreciate all your help! ;ol;

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Received my DIC last week and couldn't be happier! Installed over the weekend and the car runs remarkably better. Thanks JoeyJoey, I appreciate all your help! ;ol;
Glad you're happy with it. Can't believe I waited so long to do this myself; it was such an easy fix and I'm sure it wasn't good for my engine over the years to let it run a little rough at times (not to mention the CEL). Guess I just always balked at the price. In any case, happy to help.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Great deal, I bought an OEM thru carquest last year but I would definitely buy one and hope you're still around selling these when my part starts going bad! Seems they go bad often : )

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I have four more and that's it. I thought that wouldn't be nearly enough from the initial response, but it was all I was ready to order. This is a one-time deal for me stacking a loyalty discount with info I had about a lot of parts. When they're gone I won't be doing this again. And I'll probably be returning them sooner rather than later to get my money back if the demand here has dried up.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts