SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fuel gauge wasn't working, so I replaced the entire 150,000 mile old fuel pump. Prior to remounting the gas tank, I plugged the wiring harness connector back in to make sure the fuel gauge was reading again, which it was.
Unfortunately, I was soon preoccupied and forgot to turn the ignition off before I started remounting the tank- which included lots of jostling, tilting, bumping, and only 1 outburst of expletives.

Sadly, after completing the job, I have no fuel pressure. Checked all fuses in 4 different fuse blocks, every relay I could find, and nothing that worked. I've been alone the last couple days so I've been unable to listen for the pump while someone turns the key, so I don't know if the pump is running, but I suspect it's not.

Is there some kind of safety shutoff mechanism that I set off by having the system energized and tilted during installation. And where do they hide the fuel pump relay and a fuse for a circuit dedicated to the pump?

·
Super Moderator
20,206 Posts
Is it a camaro? You told us nothing about what car this is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it a camaro? You told us nothing about what car this is.
Is this a Chevy website or a Saab forum? A simple click on my profile icon would've instantly shown you what I drive, but then you'd have to find some other angle at being a full of yourself, good for nothin.............

1 - 8 of 8 Posts