SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there.
So I have a pretty large bump in my rear right door on my saab 9-3 99 (poor thing) that I got a few years ago but never really fixed. Now the window mechanism has broken too, so I have to tape the window for it to stay up. I figured I might as well replace the entire door. The thing is, I don't really know which doors will fit. I got an offer on a local 9-5 02 door for really cheap, but I have no idea about the fit. Also are there differences in the doors throughout the models (1998-2002)? or will only the 1999 door fit? Is there any list over exactly which doors will fit?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
a door from a 9-5 will absolutely not fit. I would only look for doors from a 9-3 model year 99-02. doors from the ng900 model year 94-98 will bolt in place, but might have different internal wiring.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright then. Thanks so much for your help :) Guess I'll have to do a roadtrip for a new door soon then ;ol;:cheesy:

·
Registered
'02 9-5 Aero Wagon, '88 SPG, '02 Viggen Vert, '01 Viggen 4dr, +Triumphs & MGs
1,726 Posts
I agree with Jake - side airbag sensors I do believe in the front doors 99+

·
Registered
806 Posts
Now the window mechanism has broken too, so I have to tape the window for it to stay up. I figured I might as well replace the entire door.
The thing about the rear window regulator/mechanism is that they are notorious for failing when they get old (there's a plastic part involved that gets brittle with age) so you may be inheriting a bad or soon-to-fail mechanism in your new door. Just be on the lookout for this and should it fail, it be can be fixed rather easily...;)

·
Registered
'02 9-5 Aero Wagon, '88 SPG, '02 Viggen Vert, '01 Viggen 4dr, +Triumphs & MGs
1,726 Posts
BTW - if you get an earlier door so long as you take the wiring harness out of your old door you can put it in the new. Either way - 1994-2002 rear door will fit. I think the wiring itself is the same too - so you should be good. Worst case is you have to change the internal wiring (which btw is a plug that you have to pull out from inside the bottom of the B pillar on the car to unplug).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts