SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I've been digging for hours through these forums trying to find the best clutch of choice and ones that work with my Saab and have found many different things, but I still am not quite sure of the best choice for my car.

I have the 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0t Sedan with a 5 speed manual transmission, and I'm not sure what clutch kit or master cylinder I'm going to purchase. I've heard that my car can use the 9-5 Aero clutch, but I have no way of being sure that that will work, or which one I should actually go out and buy. I have also heard something about a Buick clutch, in which I would also have difficulty finding. I am considering upgrading the car to stage 1 or 2, but that may not happen. Does anyone have any advice on what clutch I should purchase? I'm just looking to get a good deal on something that will last.

Someone also recommended a maptun kit, but it's for a 6 speed, and I'm not sure if that would even fit with my car. I'm sorry my thoughts are all over the place, I've just been trying to figure this out for days and it's starting to get frustrating.

Thank you!

·
Registered
582 Posts
If you have a single-mass flywheel, or want to change to a single-mass flywheel because the stock 2.0T/5spd combo, then you can follow my instructions and parts list directly:

https://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641658

If you're thinking increasing the engine power at all, then I would highly recommend going to a single-mass flywheel if you don't already have one.

If you have and would like to keep the DMF and are not increasing the power, then why not just get a direct replacement clutch?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts