SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new front caliper and bracket but the new bracket is a few millimeters too narrow for my rotor thickness- it is a very tight fit over the rotor. The new caliper itself seems to fit fine on the old bracket. I would have thought that the different widths of rotors for our front ends shared the same thickness/depth. Am I wrong?

I can use the old bracket and new caliper but I'm not sure the parts store will give me the core deposit back for the new bracket/old caliper pairing. I will find that out tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
I just picked up a new front caliper and bracket but the new bracket is a few millimeters too narrow for my rotor thickness- it is a very tight fit over the rotor. The new caliper itself seems to fit fine on the old bracket. I would have thought that the different widths of rotors for our front ends shared the same thickness/depth. Am I wrong?

I can use the old bracket and new caliper but I'm not sure the parts store will give me the core deposit back for the new bracket/old caliper pairing. I will find that out tomorrow.

wrong parts. common occurrence. take it back

1 - 5 of 5 Posts