SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. Just a quick introduction from a new C900 owner. I bought myself an 89 900S a couple months ago as a project car, mostly as a means to keep my sanity during the winter months. It's out of Vermont, so it's got a fair bit of rust, but the front suspension mounting area was professionally repaired and most of the rest is cosmetic more than anything else. It's solid enough for amusement and possible rallyx. Given that it came rolling on studded Hakkas, it seems destined for some sort of low-traction entertainment.

As one might expect of a project (and a cheap one at that), the car needed a bunch of work, some of which has been done. Lots of small jobs have been completed, and I've dealt with things more substantial things like a bad right inner driver and a rusted out right rear shock mount. Rear brakes, all brake soft lines, remaining fluids, full cooling system, and a leaking front main seal are all on the list. After that - or possibly concurrently - I envision a brace of driving lights, oversized mudflaps, and a skidplate. And painting the wheels white, because, you know, rally car....

Here it is in all its, um, current glory...

It's not registered for the road just yet, but I figure it will be ready soon. I'm sure I'll be annoying people here with simplistic and obvious questions soon enough.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome, folks. Work is progressing, so I'm hoping that getting on the road isn't too far from becoming a reality.

·
Registered
2000 9-3 Aero 5d
643 Posts
Welcome.
I can recall some 'spirited' driving in a 900 (86 model) when I was learning to drive.
Best of luck with the project and part hunting.
The service manual for your 900 series was linked in a post recently - however, I can't recall it was here or another Saab resource. It's a 168mb PDF if you go hunting for it.
Welcome to SC.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a big believer in service manuals, so one of the first things I did - even before I bought the car - was to find and download everything I could. The car came with a Bentley manual (a good sign), and I've got PDFs of most of the factory books. They've already proven quite useful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts