SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front left caliper was running hot with the pads were scoring and wearing prematurely, and the inner couple of inches of the rotor was scoring very badly, so I replaced them all. Now I am getting the same scoring again on the new rotor, and presumably the pads. There is some horizontal play in the wheel, but not vertical. The tie rod, however, seems to be fine and dandy and the hub not visually out of alignment when rotating. The wheel sounds like it scrapes a bit on something when not under acceleration or braking, but sounds fine otherwise. The sound is timed by wheel rotation. WTF? Anh thoughts?

old pad pic attached. Pads wore evenly other than the score marks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
The pad composites might be not suitable for the disc type , even if they were both brembos .. note that there are counterfeit brembos in the market as well.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Has to be imho the disc is slightly out of alignment with the caliper...only takes a mm
Commonly caused by not wire brushing the hub face prior to fitting the disk. (hence disc not flush) or same effect if caliper carrier out of alignment.
Had the same issue....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts