SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I could pass out cigars ... a 2008 .. :D

No, it's not a Turbo X .... but close .... 280 XWD Aero Combi ... so pretty close.

Just drove it home ... 16K miles on the clock and it has a bit of parking lot rash so .. it's not "virgin" and all that and with my age, the automatic is a plus.

I almost backed out because of the parking lot ding and one minor ... OK .. it's got a couple of tiny scratches and I think they might compound out. But after shopping for a car for 6 months ... I figured ... where am I going to find a used AWD?

:cheesy::cheesy:

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jon ... car is in hand but the title will come next week. My bank did a great job of steering this whole fiasco.

It's nice being back in a Saab of my own. We will keep the old trusty Volvo XC as a "spare" since it has a few "issues" .... like yesterday the AC went on the fritz, but ...

Where can you put additional driving lights on these things ??? :cheesy:

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We've had a bunch .... gee I wish I had a photo of the three "classic 900's" ...

From memory ... 1984, 1985 and 1989 .... Red .. White ... and ... Blue

For one day they were lined up in the driveway but our camera was out and the white was sold that day.

Also ... base 1995 900S and I think it was an 89 9000 (aka Saab from hell)

Current cars are wife's 2009 2.0 XWD ..... and the new addition 2008 Aero XWD .... I'm pretty sure it's a 280 horse.

Took a deposit on my Corvette last night and sure would like to find an oldie' like a 96 or 93 but they are sooooooo rare at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am a dinosaur when it comes to pics. I'll try to get a friend to post a few since I should see him over the holiday weekend.

Got my first "flash" from a 9-3 vert today .... it's been a long time .... so I almost gave him the "Corvette wave".

Idiot Alert ........ Back when I got my first 900, I guess it about 1984, I noted that all the Volvo drivers .. would give me the peace sign.

;oops: It took a few weeks till I realized that the "peace sign" was a Volvo V .. I just thought it was friendly Swede like happy stuff!

wize azz bastids ... oh wait I have one of those too ... :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts