SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the new hardcopy issue, it's basically a pretty good article. They love the engine and the new Aero V6T. There is mention of the engine in the Aero Vert and no more Arc/Linear variants next year (first I'd heard that). Should be up on Autoweek website next week.

·
Registered
177 Posts
db93a said:
I just got the new hardcopy issue, it's basically a pretty good article. They love the engine and the new Aero V6T. There is mention of the engine in the Aero Vert and no more Arc/Linear variants next year (first I'd heard that). Should be up on Autoweek website next week.
Actually ARC is now an upgrade package option of the Linear version (in Sweden anyway).

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
AeroSwede said:
Actually ARC is now an upgrade package option of the Linear version (in Sweden anyway).
Makes sense really ... if the Linear is getting the 2.0T, the only differences to make the Arc are mostly trim options, then, what?, ACC & stereo upgrade? Wheels too I guess ... but all options really once they have the same engine.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
So I guess I should wait for the 06 linear since it will be the same engine as an 05 aero:D . What's the word on pricing? will they bump up the linear base prices?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Saabless said:
So I guess I should wait for the 06 linear since it will be the same engine as an 05 aero:D . What's the word on pricing? will they bump up the linear base prices?
I would imagine they will unfortunately :confused:

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
If you mean the '06 Linear will keep the current 2.5L boxer normally aspirated four .... yes. It will be bumped up to 175hp. All Aeros have the 2.0L turbo.

Come to think of it, didn't the last year of '93 C900T Aero come with 175hp ?

Saabless said:

·
Registered
177 Posts
SaabKen said:
If you mean the '06 Linear will keep the current 2.5L boxer normally aspirated four .... yes. It will be bumped up to 175hp. All Aeros have the 2.0L turbo.

Come to think of it, didn't the last year of '93 C900T Aero come with 175hp ?
All Aeros have the 2.0 L turbo? Aero comes with 2.8 L turbo only, doesn´t it?
The 210 bhp version will be called Vector in Sweden.

B Rgrds

Fred

·
Registered
742 Posts
I am planning on going down to my local saab dealer tomorrow, I will probably test drive the linear and aero but I will inquire on next year's model run. I am always a little apprehensive about going into a dealer to buy a car though..........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts