SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past 5 months I've gone from 0 Saabs to two. 2001 9-5 B235E and 1999 9-5 B308E.

I've done a lot of work on these cars. Wheel bearings and CV axles, updated PCV, brake booster, brake fluid flush, power steering flush, ATF drain and fill, and on and on.

My next project is the heads on the B308E. Leaky gasket, got all the parts ordered and on the way.

And these are also the first cars where I've done anything more than just basic maintenance. Been quite a lot of fun, with a few headaches.

I hope to be making a bunch of YouTube videos for things on the V6 because there's not much available on those.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get a 9-3 and make it 3. :D
I'm actually looking at a 1993 900 right now... If I can convince the person not to scrap it. The hood is pretty rusty, but from the one picture in the listing it appears that the rest of the body is fine.

They think the whole car should be donated/scrapped because the hood is rusty and the paint is in bad shape (again, it looks fine other than the hood). Hope to see it in person in a few days (maybe this weekend).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello Androda,

Once I get enough posts to be able to add pictures to my threads you may be able to help me, I'm searching for the power steering reservoir, supposed to be near the battery in my 2007 93, I'll post a pic in the 93 workshop section soon. All the best.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turns out what I thought was a leaky had gasket might just be a leaky turbo. I pulled off the intake (intercooler to throttle body) tube yesterday and there was a puddle of oil/water mix in the curve!

Going to rebuild the turbo first, and see if that fixes the problem. Hopefully it does!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
Androda
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing