SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a new exhaust (a very nice MagnaFlow :cheesy: ) and my next step is to install a new cold air intake. Just wanted to put up a post and inquire about possible problems or if there is anything to be wary of when i upgrade this?

I always feel dumb asking for information but it's better safe than sorry i suppose haha

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I installed a new exhaust (a very nice MagnaFlow :cheesy: ) and my next step is to install a new cold air intake. Just wanted to put up a post and inquire about possible problems or if there is anything to be wary of when i upgrade this?

I always feel dumb asking for information but it's better safe than sorry i suppose haha
Check/search the c900 sub forum. The stock OEM actually is pretty good and pulls cold air from the inner fender well. Commonly folks just put a cone filter on the end of the MAF meter, but that pulls air from hot engine compartment, so more of a downgrade vs. an up.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Check/search the c900 sub forum. The stock OEM actually is pretty good and pulls cold air from the inner fender well. Commonly folks just put a cone filter on the end of the MAF meter, but that pulls air from hot engine compartment, so more of a downgrade vs. an up.
This ^^^

Very unnecessary on a 900

Looks cool though

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Yes, makes no sense at all. Subjective regarding it looking good.

·
Registered
741 Posts
A number of people get a holesaw and make a hole into the area between the inner and outer quarter panel skin and put a cone filter on the end of that. Cold air and looks kinda neat, frees up some space by the engine too.

I'm planning on doing this, mainly because my car was completely missing the air filter assembly when I bought it. Instead it came with a K&N ziptied to a sharp corner and a big hole from vibration :lol: need to find the last owner and tell him how much I appreciate his kool mods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.