SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i bought the 1989 900 aero/with airflow kit :) tough to find one in aus ..

i've done some searching through various old threads and found some useful information on performance upgrades...

im just unsure of which route to take..and im after some input if possible..
the car will be used as a cruiser and some weekday driving.

currently im thinking

brake upgrade,drilled rotors
PWR liquid barrel intercooler
silicone pipes
new exhaust system/including custom flow from wastegate..
3.0 FPR
forge dump valve
K&N filter

been reading up about the APC mods, currently dont have the tools for the job, was thinking of getting one from SD but unsure of the whole plugnplay aspect with larger injectors.. would it be better to just buy the modded box and leave current injectors..

thanx for your help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
iskandar said:
well i bought the 1989 900 aero/with airflow kit :) tough to find one in aus ..

i've done some searching through various old threads and found some useful information on performance upgrades...

im just unsure of which route to take..and im after some input if possible..
the car will be used as a cruiser and some weekday driving.

currently im thinking

brake upgrade,drilled rotors
PWR liquid barrel intercooler
silicone pipes
new exhaust system/including custom flow from wastegate..
3.0 FPR
forge dump valve
K&N filter

been reading up about the APC mods, currently dont have the tools for the job, was thinking of getting one from SD but unsure of the whole plugnplay aspect with larger injectors.. would it be better to just buy the modded box and leave current injectors..

thanx for your help
Hi, I'm very curious about how well the PWR barrel works. Would appreciate if you can write some information about the barrel after you install them... they seem to be better than abbott's chargecooler, and looks neater too..
if it's good, i'm probably gonna get one myself when i fly to sydney in november..
tks

can you please let me know the price of the barrel down under too?? tks...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its $1,131.90 for the kit.

i see your from singapore, i never saw many saabs over there when i lived there ... do you have a 900 ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
iskandar said:
well i bought the 1989 900 aero/with airflow kit :) tough to find one in aus ..
Aero or Airflow/Carlsson kit?

If the Airflow ......you lucky barsteward! I have only ever seen the front spoiler off that kit on a 900i driving around Perth .....never did get chance to leave that note on thier windscreen :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its the same bodykit as the silver sled so not airflow i gather.
nice car you got there al aero, any idea where to buy the rear lights that surround the number plate ?

i picked mine up from the goldcoast.

ive seen a few ads for the 900 aeros lately, a black one in carins for $800 dunno how rough it was tho..all the others seem to be white,red and auto ..

as for specs its stock everything at the moment but will be doing some mods pretty soon..
done 270k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
That is know as a rear decor panel, they are rear as, but pop up on evilbay every know and again and they tend to go for quite a far $$$$

al
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
iskandar said:
its $1,131.90 for the kit.

i see your from singapore, i never saw many saabs over there when i lived there ... do you have a 900 ?
hi, according to the authorities, there are 1588 saabs on our road as at end 2006, and that is about 0.33% of our total car population... :eek:
of these, i reckon there are less than 30 c900s left, and mine's a vert....
are you originally from down under? your nick seems to tell otherwise.... a neighbour of my country?? :)

seems that from where you are the PWR kits are cheaper... the bay is selling at more than US$800 for the kit. will have to check the re-seller in sydney when i'm there in november....

on that note, i was thinking not to get the complete kit, but the barrel only. for cooling i was thinking of getting a radiator and mounted in front of the car. that way i will still be able to install a CAI in the vert..

cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
al aero said:
does it look like this from the front?



and this from the rear?

that's a beautiful airflow you've got there al aero....drool.....

btw, do you know if i can get the bumpers down under?? I have the side panels, but not the bumpers!! I'll be in Oz early november, and was wondering if there's any parts i could pick-up for my vert.. (I'll be driving from Sydney to Melbourne then, via the coastal road :p ...can't wait....)

Wouldn't mind if you can let me know of places in melbourne or sydney which deals in saab 900..

tks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
peckhs, check out http://www.saabclub.org.au/ front page has various saab wreckersin oz.

also the PWR are aussie made so Us prices will be higher.
yea im thinking of other options than the complete kit... maybe side
mounted radiator like a small mini one with mounted fan.... will look into it more..

i lived in singapore for a bit, ang mo kio and woodlands...

screen name is islamic nickname.. born in aus..

will be back in singapore next year for a bit..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Peckhs,

I came across my airflow kit by pure chance, just a case of bring in the right place at the right time :) :)

as for finding a oem kit here, good luck, i have seen only one other car with it on here, and it was a black cab.

Saab wreck do sell a fibreglass kit but it is very brittle and seems to be quite ill fitting.

HTH

al
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
iskandar said:
peckhs, check out http://www.saabclub.org.au/ front page has various saab wreckersin oz.

also the PWR are aussie made so Us prices will be higher.
yea im thinking of other options than the complete kit... maybe side
mounted radiator like a small mini one with mounted fan.... will look into it more..

i lived in singapore for a bit, ang mo kio and woodlands...

screen name is islamic nickname.. born in aus..

will be back in singapore next year for a bit..
tks iskandar for the site..

as for the side mounted radiator, i thought that is included in the complete kit??

I found a re-seller some where in sydney, will check them out when i'm in Oz..

cheers

sorry iskandar, to have hijacked your thread..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
al aero said:
Peckhs,

I came across my airflow kit by pure chance, just a case of bring in the right place at the right time :) :)

as for finding a oem kit here, good luck, i have seen only one other car with it on here, and it was a black cab.

Saab wreck do sell a fibreglass kit but it is very brittle and seems to be quite ill fitting.

HTH

al
tks... i've been trolling the net, have found a supplier in UK, but the freight cost GBP565...and that's more expensive than the actual bumpers, hahah...

so i'm gonna just take my time... who knows i may be as lucky as you :cheesy:

cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
iskandar said:
yea it is included in the kit but im trying to save a bit of $, so ive been looking at motorbike radiators, they might actually work better due to the shape/lack of space in the saab.

for the pump ive found these http://www.car-stuff.com/boschwaterpump.htm
hah! that's what i was thinking also. but from what i,ve seen, the motorcycle radiators are pretty thin, and may not provide sufficient cooling. i was thinking of connectign 2 motorcycle radiators in series, mounted in front of the car, like a FMIC. trouble is, if it gets hit by a stone, that's the end of the radiator...

as for water pump, i was ting the pumps from craig davies. they seem to have very good reviews.

cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea there are many different shapes with the motorcycle ones, i'll go to a wreckers and check some out.
the only other part is the filler neck but they are pretty easy to find....

doing the math it should work out to be a few hundred cheaper if using other parts..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
iskandar said:
yea there are many different shapes with the motorcycle ones, i'll go to a wreckers and check some out.
the only other part is the filler neck but they are pretty easy to find....

doing the math it should work out to be a few hundred cheaper if using other parts..
i believe the cost would be much lower if we subsitute the various items from the wreck yard...

but it seems that only Honda and BMW motorcycles has radiators??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nah a lot of makes have radiators..

do a search on ebay and many come up...

just need to work out how much the barrel intercooler holds...
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top