SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys (very small voice) I have ventured over to the dark side in a white 9-5 Aero now.

First impressions: well, honestly quite poor.

but then it grew on me. I released the cupholder, played with the steering wheel mounted audio controls, and then.......the power of a Turbo with 230 big ones:eek:

This car moves fast from a standstill ;however, I still think I can get my little C900 to do a little better in the 70-130km/h range given the slight mods. It could also be because you don't feel speed much in this car. 75km/hr feels like 50, and 200km/hr feels like 120:eek: This is dangerous!

As I drove the car from Portland to Vancouver BC I began to bring some confidence...until I got home.

When I start the car now the CEL shines bright; however, the car runs perfect. I went "touching" things; however, I'm not stupid, I did not remove any connections. I did remove the pressure cap from the coolant tank while running and it boiled over to make a small mess, something I do on my c900 to check for exhaust gases in the coolant resivoir. I guess my headgasket could be on its way out:confused: . tonight I did the same thing after a 30 minute drive and it didn't boil over. No oil/water contamination. Coolant looks VERY healthy and the expansion tank is still clear. This car has an excellent service history.

It has the 120,000mile service done and is now at 13,500. Needs an oil change soon, every 5,000miles?

It has never had a de-sludge; however, it has had all PCV updates including a brand new most current one 6 months ago (tubes are nice n' squishy")

Car has a buring smell of oil from engine compartment; however, valve cover was replced recently. There is weepage from around the oil pressure sensor.

Oil light goes out instantly when started, even when cold...faster than on my c900...I take it this is a healthy sign.

The Automatic is awsome! Never thought I would use thoes words.
Well excpet: when it does its thing through easy acceleration into 3rd or 4th and then I'm slowing to a stop I can feel the "bump" of one of the gears engage through a downshift, it isn't bad feeling, but is this normal?

When I slam the throttle in sport mode and it goes all Jackie Chan on me the downshift is a bit harsh....normal? If I put my foot down in regular mode at higher speeds the downshift feels much smoother.

Vibration while in drive and stopped while turning the wheels is something I notice in this car and other 9-5s I have driven.

My SID is perfect:D All the electrics works perfect, except one fog lamp is burned out:(

This car still smells new

Pics to come!

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Started the car this morning and no CEL.

Ran the car for a while, STarted it, turned it off, no CEL.

STarted tonight after sitting for a few hous, CEL lit up, has no gone out.

ideas?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
While the CEL is there there is a fault code logged, we need that code to assist further really.

You can delete it properly by removing fuse 17 for 10 mins, and seeing if it comes back.

Many of these CEL's which appear althoiugh the car seems fine are air leaks, T7 is very sensitive, have a look at vacuum lines etc :confused:

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris 9-5 said:
While the CEL is there there is a fault code logged, we need that code to assist further really.

You can delete it properly by removing fuse 17 for 10 mins, and seeing if it comes back.

Many of these CEL's which appear althoiugh the car seems fine are air leaks, T7 is very sensitive, have a look at vacuum lines etc :confused:
CEL was off today, I will pull the fuse to see if it stays off. Seems the car is sensitive. If a CEL comes on in a c900 it runs like poo.

I'm starting to be REALLY REALLY impressed by the car. After your drive it hard for a bit the car changes, for the better;)

I LOVE the steering wheel mounted audio controls and the cupholder.

The seats hold well and the leather if very soft; however, a bit cheap feeling.

The automatic blows me away!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts