SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2006 9-3 ss with 29k miles to replace my old 99 9-3. I'll post up some pictures when I get a chance later. I have a few questions that hopefully you guys can answer.

First how do I tell which model is it? linear arc etc. It's the 2.0T 210 hp. The original sticker does not indicate the model type.

Second, I'm looking at purchasing a bsr ecu upgrade. This appears to be the the correct oen for my car: http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=44_88&products_id=532
Would this one also work: http://www.partsforsaabs.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_270_353_452&products_id=2088 ? Almost 200 bucks cheaper due to the current exchange rate.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hey congrats on your new purchase. Your's is called an Aero since it has the 210hp. Linears have the 175hp, Arc is a convertible. The way you can tell is by the badge on the rear. It's either 2.0t or 2.0T. Although they stopped making the little t past 06 and introduced the 2.8 V6 turbo.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Hey congrats on your new purchase. Your's is called an Aero since it has the 210hp. Linears have the 175hp, Arc is a convertible. The way you can tell is by the badge on the rear. It's either 2.0t or 2.0T. Although they stopped making the little t past 06 and introduced the 2.8 V6 turbo.

Not quite right, in 2006 the linear model was dropped, and everything with the 210hp engine was the Arc regardless of SS or CV or SC. The Aero models have the 2.8T V6.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Not quite right, in 2006 the linear model was dropped, and everything with the 210hp engine was the Arc regardless of SS or CV or SC. The Aero models have the 2.8T V6.
Thanks for the correction. Learn something new everyday :lol:. Never the less what you're trying to say is that he has the Arc. I always thought it was a bit confusing, considering the fact they only made 9-3's and 9-5's with Linear, Aero and Arc models.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I figured it was an arc or aero, although I didn't notice it had xenon lights until a friend pointed it out to me so what do I know. Ordered my bsr stage 1 ecu today from partsforsaabs.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Thanks for the info. I figured it was an arc or aero, although I didn't notice it had xenon lights until a friend pointed it out to me so what do I know. Ordered my bsr stage 1 ecu today from partsforsaabs.
Enjoy the tune, I know I love mine! Although I didnt go the BSR route, as I wanted something that was more custom, and not just a "turn up the boost" But I know people like their hand held units to be able to change it back to stock at will. (why on earth you would want it stock is beyond me :lol: but to each their own hahahaha)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the bsr since I still have a warranty for another year and half, and local saab friends have recommended the bsr to me.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I like the bsr since I still have a warranty for another year and half, and local saab friends have recommended the bsr to me.

Sorry I wasnt bashing your purchase, Money just doesnt grow on trees for me, so I couldnt fork out the money for that. Plus once I found a local tuner that is the way I wanted to go! Congrats on your purchase, sorry if I sounded like a dick

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Thanks for the correction. Learn something new everyday :lol:. Never the less what you're trying to say is that he has the Arc. I always thought it was a bit confusing, considering the fact they only made 9-3's and 9-5's with Linear, Aero and Arc models.
Arc's and vector/aero's have the same engine from 03-05 whether it be sedan or vert.

·
Registered
383 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts