SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello hello ...
I recently became the new proud owner of a 2003 9-3 2.0t with 115k on it ... love the car ... however I have allways bin a ford guy, I built a turbo ranger so I know a few things here and there about turbos about not to much about this car... I know they are timing chain motors, and that people say the chains are good for a long time, but hear are a few of my questions...

1- do I need to replace the timing chain tentioner and if so is that all I do?

2- I just sea-foamed the car and It workd great however when i removed the intake hose after the inter cooler b4 the motor there was a good deal of oil in there, does the crank case breather route back into the intake or is my turbo going? any Ideas ? my rear bumper isn't black... but i feel it use to pull harder...

3- If my turbo is going I have a virtually brand new Garrett dual ball bearing gt2871r sitting in my shop that I didn't like on my truck, but I feel it would be perfect for this car? what do you think, I would have to at least get a new exhaust housing for it...

any help would be greatly appreciated, I just want a reliable car that I can get 80k miles out of... thank you for your time!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Hello hello ...
I recently became the new proud owner of a 2003 9-3 2.0t with 115k on it ... love the car ... however I have allways bin a ford guy, I built a turbo ranger so I know a few things here and there about turbos about not to much about this car... I know they are timing chain motors, and that people say the chains are good for a long time, but hear are a few of my questions...

1- do I need to replace the timing chain tentioner and if so is that all I do?

2- I just sea-foamed the car and It workd great however when i removed the intake hose after the inter cooler b4 the motor there was a good deal of oil in there, does the crank case breather route back into the intake or is my turbo going? any Ideas ? my rear bumper isn't black... but i feel it use to pull harder...

3- If my turbo is going I have a virtually brand new Garrett dual ball bearing gt2871r sitting in my shop that I didn't like on my truck, but I feel it would be perfect for this car? what do you think, I would have to at least get a new exhaust housing for it...

any help would be greatly appreciated, I just want a reliable car that I can get 80k miles out of... thank you for your time!
for #2, the PCV goes back into the intake before the throttle body. they do that to keep oil inside the intake pipes so the rubber doesn't rot.

Also, I don't think that the timing chain is a maintenance item, so it shouldn't have to be replaced unless it's making noise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts