SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just picked up a 9-2X Aero this past saturday, and I have to say, I am loving it so far. I got the 5-spd with only the cold weather package out the door for $21,500.

I am planning on putting HIDs in my car within the next week or two, so I wanted to ask if anyone w/o the factory HIDs has actually installed an aftermarket set themselves? And if so, which set, how many K's, and how do you like them? Also ease of installation?

I'm also looking into an intake system, and maybe an exhaust system. Anyone have any recommendations? Pics and audio clips would be great!

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

-Eric

·
Registered
86 Posts
Recommendation #1, regarding engine mods, do lots of searches over at www.nasioc.com. You'll find tons of helpful information there.

Go for a full turbo-back exhaust.

Forget modding the intake...it's good for 300hp at the wheels and, unless you get the car dyno-tuned with a piggyback ECU - your car won't like the aftermarket intake, anyway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
jdm dude is smart. the first two mods should be TBE (turbo back exhaust) and some engine management (i'm partial to TurboXS - they sponsor my race car).

to get totally crazy and illegal (i.e. if you live where they don't do emissions tests), max gain will result from a catless up-pipe, no cat straight pipe (you will get engine code 4120 or something like that, but you can go to www.ponyexpress.com and buy a transistor that will make your O2 sensor read normal, hence no check engine light), make sure the down pipe is a bell type and do a 3" system all the way back (many systems taper to 2.5"). I prefer the Turbo XS w/ the Ti muffler 3" option. this is what i do on the STi race car.

to keep emissions legal, go w/ the high flow cat, but you'll end up getting check engine lights in about a year, you may still need the pony express bit.

to be extra super legal, don't touch the up-pipe, it's a pain in the butt install anyway, and also do the high flow cat, then you should be good w/ no check engine lights. that's what i'm doing on my 9-2X.

i have a obdII reader that i can read codes and erase if i want to. being as my race car throws codes every week, it's a must have and well worth the $200 bucks - at most autoparts stores.

luke

1 - 3 of 3 Posts