SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The drive by is with it open. The one showing the spl readout is starting closed finishing open showing the near 10db difference, this is reflected in cabin aswell. Open or closed there is no drone. Cost about $365AUD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
tell me where to get one!!!!

greenmatt said:
The drive by is with it open. The one showing the spl readout is starting closed finishing open showing the near 10db difference, this is reflected in cabin aswell. Open or closed there is no drone. Cost about $365AUD
Hey greenmatt...just got my mecahnics report and he said the rear muffler is rusted out - so i thought excellent timing to upgrade :) an OEM is $370AUD!

I'm in Melbourne by the way...

Only catch is...im still on a total stock exhaust - so id have to 3" the whole way...hmm...ill have to think about it...

D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
That sounds wicked.


Not sure if i want a fart cannon out the back of my baby, but at least it is just up the road.... (3hrs up the road!)

365 is a decent price, been quoted a lot more in Canberra but then everything here is a rip...

Edit: Did you get a cat-back for 365 or just the muffler? I've been interested in doing this for a while but the cost has made me baulk a few times. 365 would be awesome!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
awesome!

greenmatt said:
I got it from Scotts Rods http://www.scottsrods.com.au/ it came very quickly as he had them in stock. Sorry that $365 was a posted price too.
Awesome, thanks for the reply - its either this, or a nice remus...hmmm...fun or niiiiiiiiiiice.....aaahh the choices these days!

I'm going to get my middle muffler kindly removed in the process.

Now, is a 3" cat-back system easy to do? i.e. will it just bolt on to my stock cat? or should i just stick with 2.5" ? keeping in mind i will be BSR'ing it shortly.

D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its not a cannon, I would never do anything like that to a Saab. Its an oval version which I have painted black so while it has a big tip its not too rice. It does hang a little bit low though due to the strange size of the original muffler.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
greenmatt said:
Its not a cannon, I would never do anything like that to a Saab. Its an oval version which I have painted black so while it has a big tip its not too rice. It does hang a little bit low though due to the strange size of the original muffler.
Was it 365 for just the muffler or for the full cat back?

Did Scott's just make it and send it completed to you?

Also i can't find the varex muffler on their ebay site :/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AdrianB said:
Was it 365 for just the muffler or for the full cat back?

Did Scott's just make it and send it completed to you?

Also i can't find the varex muffler on their ebay site :/
Just the muffler, you will need a local place to make up the rest of the piping. Or otherwise just source the muffler from your local shop. The only reason I went with Scotts Rods was they had them at a good price, email them, they had stock a week or two ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,845 Posts
AdrianB said:
That sounds wicked.


Not sure if i want a fart cannon out the back of my baby, but at least it is just up the road.... (3hrs up the road!)

365 is a decent price, been quoted a lot more in Canberra but then everything here is a rip...

Edit: Did you get a cat-back for 365 or just the muffler? I've been interested in doing this for a while but the cost has made me baulk a few times. 365 would be awesome!
Mount the muffler where the resonator usually is the run 3" piping from the tip to the bumper. No one will know you have a "fart cannon."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I very much doubt you would get the canon version to fit there.The one I have looks like this: except for the body being painted black.
 

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top