SaabCentral Forums banner

New 2007 Saab 97x

389 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  chiller
Just pickup a 2007 Saab 97x. Has the 5.3L V8. Inside is in great condition. Has 142K on the OD. The front and rear shocks have been replaced and the air suspension has been removed and coils installed. All the hard work has been done, Radiator, water pump, Rad hoses top and bottom, front swap bar links, idler pullys, new belts, Auto transfer motor replaced, new tires that are a week old. Has a few things that need addressed. Have one issue. When I turn the car off and pull the key out. The front seat moves forward. So much I am pinned up next the steering wheel and can't get out. How do you stop it from doing that. I don't want it to move at all. Will cause the seat motor to wear out excessive. Plans are to install all new LED lights, fix the paint, Maybe cam it and upgrade the exhaust.
Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Super Moderator
2,601 Posts
Nice purchase. I had one of those exact 5.3 9-7x myself back when they came out. It was a great family SUV that was surprisingly quick and handled well.

That should have HID headlights as standard equipment, might just need some new bulbs (instead of trying to retrofit LEDs). In regards to the seat movement, it might have to do with the “easy entry/exit” function. I believe you can turn that off in the vehicle settings if memory serves. I know I would not have used that function either.

· Registered
30 Posts
I agree with everything said above, but will add that I would cam it sooner than later. If only to delete the AFM, before any problems arise.

I would also recommend that you keep an extra quart of oil in the engine. The oil sump is in the front & brisk acceleration and/or a steep hill can cause it to suck air. Ask me how I know.

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't know how they are in the snow. I would think if its not 4wd it would slide around a lot.
Unfortunately I sold this 97x a week after posting this purchase. I was all excited about getting one of these. I even drove 3 hours to get it out of state. Come to find out it wasn't what I expected. There is no room in the front. I mean there is no where to place your stuff. Not enough a drink. It just didn't work for me. With it being all time 4wd it handled really well. Sold it right away. Listed it and was gone in one day! I bought a Chevy Tahoe instead. Have plenty of room and place to put 2 drinks, a place for my cell phone. Fits just right and works better for me. Same plat forum and still the same LS engine.

· Super Moderator
2,601 Posts
How are the non aeros in the snow?
They are totally fine in the snow. I had a 5.3 back when they were new and had it for a few years, never had any problems navigating New England winters

Don't know how they are in the snow. I would think if its not 4wd it would slide around a lot.
Unfortunately I sold this 97x a week after posting this purchase. I was all excited about getting one of these. I even drove 3 hours to get it out of state. Come to find out it wasn't what I expected. There is no room in the front. I mean there is no where to place your stuff. Not enough a drink. It just didn't work for me. With it being all time 4wd it handled really well. Sold it right away. Listed it and was gone in one day! I bought a Chevy Tahoe instead. Have plenty of room and place to put 2 drinks, a place for my cell phone. Fits just right and works better for me. Same plat forum and still the same LS engine.
Nope…the 9-7x and it’s stable mates (Trailblazer, Envoy, etc) were on the GMT360 platform. The Tahoe is on a truck platform.

· Registered
508 Posts
How are the non aeros in the snow?
I've had 2005 97X 5.3 driving in snow for 17-18 years (still have it ~ driving thru it today).... never had a problem with it ~ if its light snow. Having said that, I would say that you do need Winter/Snow Tires for it if you were to drive in anything more than an inch or 2 of snow. The only time I drove on All-Season's was the first year of ownership on the OEM Dunlop's and it was not a pleasant experience in deeper snow, it never got stuck it just didn't have 'confidence' in that you felt the slides. Have been using winter tires since then with no issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts