SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to two strokes, not to Saabs!
Long story short, my late boss's family gifted me one of his prized possessions, his bullnose he called "putt putt". Putt has been driven sparingly for the 10 years or so I knew John, and I was ecstatic and really moved that they wanted me to have it.

I drained the old fuel, changed the spark plugs and Putt fired right up. L/R wheel was partially locked, I found a funny square adjuster in the back of the drum and adjusted it within spec. Putt and I went home, screaming around every turn just as John did, grinning from ear to ear. I even got my wife to go for a ride, and she absolutely loved it.

I've noted the car idles a bit high, and the temp is in the red most of the time. I know its important to either be on the gas or in free wheel to keep temps down, however I'm wondering if it is running lean. Seems like the warmer the engine got the higher it would idle (no OBD2 plug to check smooth running values or fuel trims :cheesy:) I'm open to any thoughts about this.

Here's a picture, the paint is faded and original but in nice shape. Don't mind the hand prints, they'll be gone soon.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13R98hQYq9ke94srsautMK7HtQuR4PC2j/view?usp=sharing

Happy to be a 2 stroker!
Tom

·
Super Moderator
1,427 Posts
Nice! The Yahoo VSAAB group has a bunch of the grizzled 2 stroke guys who will be able to answer questions, you might want to consider joining that. Reminder it’s an actual email mailing list...so it’s old-school, just like your car. :cheesy:

·
Super Moderator
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still loving Putter, for those interested being a gallon low on coolant can sometimes cause a "hot engine" issue. I'm in idiot :cheesy:.
Going to be installing an inline fuel filter, any recommendations? I got a normal bosch one that looks like it belongs on a lawnmower...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts