SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im a new member here and just picked up my '04 9-3 Aero only 50,000 miles yesterday and had a few ideas about what i want to do first and im asking for some suggestions.

check out the attached pics........................................

I've been thinking that i want to right away wrap the hood in a red,gray and black digital camo. I havent seen it anywhere and thought it might fit the car being born from jets and such and c'mon camo if badass as hell. It's a semi gloss vinyl and was wondering what other people thought.
I think it might look sick. Its only $85-90 for a 60"x48" sheet.

i still have my set of Alba Dash 18's from my 04" 9-5 Arc that i want to throw on. Stick with the Aero's and paint them black or go with the chrome?
(i work for an advertising company we were testing the chinese box on my car i do not deliver food fyi)

let me know what you think guys.

I'm going to take some pictures and photoshop something up tomorrow

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
I don't think it would look good but to each his own. I personally like the look of the Vector wheels and painting them.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I don't think it would look good but to each his own. I personally like the look of the Vector wheels and painting them.
i agree, the stock rims look great and imo i wouldn't do the hood in camo, as tom said to each his own but i think it would look terrible

·
Registered
41 Posts
I say do it!!

Well, since you are only wrapping the hood, that would mean you could always unwrap it if it doesn't look good.... Right?

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Burn it with fire.

Hey guys im a new member here and just picked up my '04 9-3 Aero only 50,000 miles yesterday and had a few ideas about what i want to do first and im asking for some suggestions.

check out the attached pics........................................

I've been thinking that i want to right away wrap the hood in a red,gray and black digital camo. I havent seen it anywhere and thought it might fit the car being born from jets and such and c'mon camo if badass as hell. It's a semi gloss vinyl and was wondering what other people thought.
I think it might look sick. Its only $85-90 for a 60"x48" sheet.

i still have my set of Alba Dash 18's from my 04" 9-5 Arc that i want to throw on. Stick with the Aero's and paint them black or go with the chrome?
(i work for an advertising company we were testing the chinese box on my car i do not deliver food fyi)

let me know what you think guys.

I'm going to take some pictures and photoshop something up tomorrow

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yeah to each his own and all that, but definite no on wrapping the hood. Stick with the stock aero wheels. Painted black or not, they're beauties.

·
Registered
664 Posts
If I were gonna wrap the hood, it would be in the 3M carbon wrap. :D It's a shame that there are no aftermarket hoods for these cars. :( These hoods are HEAVY!

·
Registered
225 Posts
With these cars being FWD the carbon fiber hood would be counter productive. I agree, if i WERE going to wrap the hood, i'd do CF, but quite frankly, just stick with what you've got. Don't rice out your saab. IMO

·
Registered
20 Posts
Don't rice it out!!!

With these cars being FWD the carbon fiber hood would be counter productive. I agree, if i WERE going to wrap the hood, i'd do CF, but quite frankly, just stick with what you've got. Don't rice out your saab. IMO

I was at Metro Restyling the other day to pick up my CF roll. I just happended to be in Michigan visiting, and stopped by their warehouse. The red/black/white camo was layed out, I would not recommend this for a hood, or for any vehicle application. Unless on a quad or dirt bike. Would like extremely ghetto on a Saab.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Personally, I love black accents on the red. I've said this to bparker before too. We there's a guy in the aftermarket wheels section (rota 180sx or something) and he's got a slammed laser red with black roof wrap and color matched bump strips. I think that a matte wrap on the middle portion of the hood, the whole roof, and the trunklid would look sick, especially with a blacked out grill. But I'm just regurgitating other convos concerning this topic.

But yeah, I'm not a fan of camo anything, unless you're being shot at... if that's the case I'd save my money for a move ;)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Speaking of bump strips. They're useless as I have a very large ding from the grocery store parking lot yesterday. I'm pretty upset.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I think wrapping just parts of the car looks tacky. I think some cars work but on a Saab I think it would look like you were trying to be a tuner or something. But to each their own.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I looked into it further and decided not the look Im going for. Way too ricey and i wont get in a car that reminds me of rice. I'm going to keep it clean with the vector wheels and throw a set of hirsch springs in the mix too.

Forgot how much cops like laser red. Anyone else notice this

·
Registered
225 Posts
Take that money you were going to use for the hood, save a little more, and get the windows tinted. It'll look great against that laser red.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I had a Velocity Red Mica RX8 with no cats and 4" dual outlet exhausts. I was told that people could hear me before they could see me and I never got pulled over. It's all on how you drive. Drive smart and watch for blind spots and don't get caught! ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts