SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Link worked for me although browsing the page is tough. I think there are so many people on the site checking it out that it is bogging things down.

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
The brakes and rotors on it are very interesting looking. They appear to be encased.

No interior pics? :(
Indeed !

I bet folks aren't gonna be privy to seeing the interior nor under the hood at this time !

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Those are just the covers that all saab's were delivered use to have, they stop brake dust from getting onto the wheel

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
Those are just the covers that all saab's were delivered use to have, they stop brake dust from getting onto the wheel
I was hoping that's some sort of whiz-bang electric AWD/torque vectoring propulsion system in addition to gasoline turbo 4 :cool:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Haha me too.

As far as the badges, right now, I don't see why you can't just pop that one off and put an OEM griffin badge on. I will say that for a basic 'SAAB' badge, it's pretty smexy.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
So they basically pulled off a sham? Got GM to sign of on the sale saying they were going to make electric cars...and now are making regular ones? It's nice to see, but with the dealer network trashed I don't see this as a rebirth....but merely a folly. Hope they prove me wrong....

Sean

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
So they basically pulled off a sham? Got GM to sign of on the sale saying they were going to make electric cars...and now are making regular ones? It's nice to see, but with the dealer network trashed I don't see this as a rebirth....but merely a folly. Hope they prove me wrong....

Sean
Notice there are no shots of the engine bay.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Sean
Nevs has announced more than once that they would be producing gasoline powered saabs at the start up of production then later will shift to electric. I'm sure they have a surplus of "left overs" that they might as well use and make money no? Makes business sense to me!

·
Registered
2,774 Posts

Sean
This isn't a sham, They said they would build gas powered cars first and the following year, Electric.
As for the dealer network, There are many that were saab dealers before GM got involved and have stayed Saab all along, just carrying other brands to float them in the process. I agree that we lost many, there is still room to grow again.
By the way, I think it looks fantastic!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
About this Discussion
69 Replies
23 Participants
spg1
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing